Author Topic: Ernest AGUILON b 30 Nov 1892 Finspang, Sweden - d 20 May 1896 Kelowna BC Canada  (Read 5011 times)

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest AGUILON b 30 Nov 1892 Finspang, Sweden - d 20 May 1896 Kelowna BC Canada
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 18 January 14 23:49 GMT (UK) »
I would be very grateful for any information about this man.

What I know already:
Son of Ernst Otto Johan AGILON and his wife Agnes Caroline (nee LYALL) who married in Sweden in 1882 (I have a copy of marriage entry)
I know he is living in England (Headington, Oxford) in 1901, and on the 1911 Canada Census he is living with his Uncle Gustaf GYLLING and Aunt Fanny (nee LYALL) in Montreal, Canada.
He marries Mary Agnes Shappert (who was b  Jul 1906 in Saskatchewan) haven't found  a marriage yet, but her name I found on Family Search with his Death. Her parets were Lawrence Shappert and Amelia, and according to Family Search, come from Austria, Poland (sic) (There were 2 other siblings Helen and John) on the 1916 Canada Census, and that said that John and Amelia had arrived in 1902 - but I couldn't find anything on Ellis Island.

I'd be very grateful for any information on any of these to get me further with this family.
Regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

Ernest Aquilon was my grandfather, Why are you looking for him?

Thanks
Mary
Agnes Caroline was a daughter of my great grand aunts Stepson,  Thomas Lyall.
Jan
Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest AGUILON b 30 Nov 1892 Finspang, Sweden - d 20 May 1896 Kelowna BC Canada
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 19 January 14 00:08 GMT (UK) »
I have found a number of original records of this family here in Sweden. If you are interested please let me know.

Ian
I'm interested in anything I can find about them please? I had a feeling they may have divorced as she was living in UK in 1901 in Oxfordshire with her son Ernst - and then she dies in 1906 in Somerset County, New Jersey, USA - I have Husband living till 1955, and then after her death I have the son Ernst living with Uncle Gustaf Gylling and Aunt Fanny Louisa (nee Lyall) - Fanny is a sister of Agnes Caroline. Ernst the son is living with the Gylings on the 1911 census.

I find these records hard to follow as sometimes his name is Johan Otto Ernst and sometimes Ernst Otto Johan but the dates are the same.
Regards
Jan
Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 19 January 14 00:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi kiwicatz,
I have found many records of him and his family. I have traced him from his birth to him leaving Sweden.
Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 19 January 14 00:44 GMT (UK) »
Here is a link to the Stockholm archives between 1878 and 1926......
http://www2.ssa.stockholm.se/Rotemannen2012/Search.aspx

Just change the language to English. (if not already showing). I suggest you search in the lastname box...."aq" , as Aquilon is spellt differently at times. You will then get a list of all the Aquilons living in Stockholm during these dates..... and there are quite a number of them.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 19 January 14 12:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan
I am sure there are questions about the image. Just ask.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 24 January 14 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have now found Bertil's birth in Sweden. I don't know how I missed it first time round. I sort of knew he wasn't born in England. I wonder why it said England.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 24 January 14 10:09 GMT (UK) »
I have also found where he is buried.....

Aquilon, Bertil

Karlskoga

Karlskoga old cemetry, quarter. G, nr. 43 (coffin)

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Friday 24 January 14 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Aquilon, Johan Otto Ernst

Rörläggarvägen 35

Dead 11/6/1955.

Registered in Bromma, Stockholms stad (Stockholms stad, Uppland).

Born 1/16/1857 (no place of birth)

Widower (12/13/1943).

So, now we know Signe Amalia's death...... 13 Dec 1943. But unfortunately those books are not yet available.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 24 January 14 10:28 GMT (UK) »
..... and about the divorce of Agnes and Aquilon. I have found that there is a divorce document, which will most probably be in the archives at http://riksarkivet.se/vadstena

There is an official divorce date..... 6 Dec 1893.

Ian