Author Topic: Ernest AGUILON b 30 Nov 1892 Finspang, Sweden - d 20 May 1896 Kelowna BC Canada  (Read 5034 times)

Offline Marymahon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest AGUILON b 30 Nov 1892 Finspang, Sweden - d 20 May 1896 Kelowna BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 February 13 03:49 GMT (UK) »
I would be very grateful for any information about this man.

What I know already:
Son of Ernst Otto Johan AGILON and his wife Agnes Caroline (nee LYALL) who married in Sweden in 1882 (I have a copy of marriage entry)
I know he is living in England (Headington, Oxford) in 1901, and on the 1911 Canada Census he is living with his Uncle Gustaf GYLLING and Aunt Fanny (nee LYALL) in Montreal, Canada.
He marries Mary Agnes Shappert (who was b  Jul 1906 in Saskatchewan) haven't found  a marriage yet, but her name I found on Family Search with his Death. Her parets were Lawrence Shappert and Amelia, and according to Family Search, come from Austria, Poland (sic) (There were 2 other siblings Helen and John) on the 1916 Canada Census, and that said that John and Amelia had arrived in 1902 - but I couldn't find anything on Ellis Island.

I'd be very grateful for any information on any of these to get me further with this family.
Regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

Ernest Aquilon was my grandfather, Why are you looking for him?

Thanks
Mary

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest AGUILON b 30 Nov 1892 Finspang, Sweden - d 20 May 1896 Kelowna BC Canada
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 28 February 13 04:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mary
I'm interested because Agnes (his mother?)  was descended from my great aunt Susanna Lyall (née Goodson) and her husband Joseph.
Can we swap info?
Regards
Jan
Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline Marymahon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 28 February 13 04:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mary
I'm interested because Agnes (his mother?)  was descended from my great aunt Susanna Lyall (née Goodson) and her husband Joseph.
Can we swap info?
Regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

Sure

Mary

Offline kiwicatz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Mum, Vera Warren aged 7 at 32 Millais Rd Enfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 28 February 13 07:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Mary
All I really know about Ernest is his parents and grandparents, when he was born, that he married Mary Shappert who was from Saskatchewan (which is really interesting because his mother had Lyall relatives that lived in Moose Jaw, and descendants still live there today) I'd like to know more about both Mary and Ernest, did they children and what happened in their lives. I know some about his father's father and his grandfather, not a lot - I know lots about the Lyalls.
If there's anything that I might be able to help you with, please let me know.
Regards
Jan
Enfield/Edmonton: Warren Ridler Jenkins Card Stevens Shelton Tookey
Stourpaine Dorset: Ball Haine/Hain/Hayne, Ferrett New Light Roberts Coward Read others
Ontario, Canada: Wallace Blow Goodson
Tampa, Florida: Goodson
Michigan: Coleman, Goodson
Newport Mon: Hopes, Evans Haines Ball Harris
Louth/Sleaford: Goodson Cartwright Crosby Burkitt Pacey + others
Norfolk Palmer, Smith, Moore
Ross Shire: McKenzie Fraser McDonald McLennan
Ayrshire: Wallace Patrick Dickson

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 18 January 14 14:14 GMT (UK) »
I wonder about them being married by a British Chaplain - just because she was English or someother reason??

Hi,
Just taken a look at the original record. They were married in the English Parish of Gothenburg called Saint Andrew's Church.
Is there anything else you would like to know?

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 18 January 14 15:33 GMT (UK) »
According to the Church Books Ernst left Sweden for England in 1894.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 18 January 14 16:25 GMT (UK) »
Ernst and Agnes went to England and Johan, Edith and Otto stayed in Sweden. I believe Otto went to Boston in 1902.
It also looks as though Johan and Agnes divorced.

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 18 January 14 18:01 GMT (UK) »
I don't know what you have, but here is a portrait of Ernst Otto Johan in the army.....
http://runeberg.org/spg/7-6/0182.html

Ian

Offline jamcat95

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 18 January 14 18:06 GMT (UK) »
I have found a number of original records of this family here in Sweden. If you are interested please let me know.

Ian