Author Topic: Albert Dennis & family Tunbridge Wells  (Read 2704 times)

Offline Smokey807

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Albert Dennis & family Tunbridge Wells
« on: Sunday 12 August 12 21:38 BST (UK) »
Albert Dennis was the managing director of the Waymarks department store in T. Wlls in the 1930's. Civil Society says Albert was brougnt up by his elder sister Elizabeth Dennis (born 1841 West Ham,Sussex).Elizabeth was the wife of Ebenezer Waymark(born 1848 Eastbourne,Sexxex) who was the founder of the Wymark depatment store in tunbridge wells in 1976 on Calverley Rd.In 1881 census Albert is living with the Waymark family; given as brother in law, clerk to a draper. In same household is 5yr old George Dennis that year. In 1871 census at Eastbourn living with Waymark family is sister in law Caroline Dennis born 1856 Eastbourne. Probate for Albert Dennis says he diedd Feb 6,1947 at T.Wells Porbate to Dorothy Gertrude Ruth Dennis,spinster, and May Joan Vowler,widow, and Bernard Waymark Dennis,draper. Alberts son Albert Claude Dennis died Jauly 27,1916 France WW1. Who are Alberts parents,siblings,wife,children?

Offline ..claire..

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy...Life in the Past Lane
    • View Profile
Re: Albert Dennis & family Tunbridge Wells
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 12 August 12 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi

CWGC website lists Albert Claudes parents as Albert Dennis JP and Ruth Ann Dennis of 66 Mount Pleasant Rd. Tunbridge Wells.

Found this marriage March 1890 of an Albert Dennis and a Ruth Ann Tingley, Lewes.

claire
Luce, Tippett , Thomson, Dolling ~ Devon & Cornwall
Mocquard ~ London, France
Census info is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sile Gam

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 May 18 17:02 BST (UK) »
Albert Dennis was my GGG uncle. I'm descended from Ebenezer and Elizabeth through their son Roger Waymark. Albert Claude (who died in WW1), Dorothy, May (known as Joan) and Bernard were siblings and the children of Albert senior -the managing director of Waymarks. Bernard emigrated to Australia. After Claude died, Dorothy joined the VADs and went to France during WW1 to nurse.

Offline J.Wakefield7

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 August 18 14:34 BST (UK) »
Albert Dennis was my GG grandfather. My mother is the daughter of Joan Dennis. She still lives in the house in Tunbridge Wells which her mother shared with her sister Dorothy in the 1950,s.
I am particularly interested in learning more about Dorothy Dennis, my gg aunt who led an extraordinary life. Can anyone help?