Author Topic: Newbold / Newbould Yorks & Derbyshire  (Read 2989 times)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Newbold / Newbould Yorks & Derbyshire
« on: Sunday 19 August 12 16:37 BST (UK) »
Is anyone researching the Newbold or Newbould families in South yorkshire and / or Derbyshire in the mid 19th C? I've a William Newbold/Newbould, a weaver, and his family in those areas. and would welcome info. I know there's an area called Newbold near Derby, where they may have originated....
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Newbold / Newbould Yorks & Derbyshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 August 12 22:06 BST (UK) »
On my tree I have Newbolds in Tibshelf, Derbyshire. I've traced back to a Thomas Newbold who married Elizabeth Hill in 1753 in Tibshelf. Any connection?

Newbold is a village in Chesterfield, I have a few ancestors from there but they were not called Newbold. ;D

Alexander

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 April 14 12:28 BST (UK) »
Yes, I knew about the geographical Newbould.
I'm trying to find the William Newbould, either a weaver or a labourer, who was the father of an Ann Newbold/Newbould, who had her birth registered in Derby (St Alkmunds) in 1855.
They're one of four really big brick walls I have, and that's why I posted on here. I've never managed to find them in censuses, until she married in 1874 in Yorkshire, then moved soon to Southport, where she stayed for the rest of her life.
 I can't say any further back than 1855, so can't say if there is any connection with yours. there are a few trees on "Ancestry" linked to your ancestor, I seem to recall.
Thanks for the interest, you never know we may tie them all up someday.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Since posting last, William Newbold came from Melbourne, and his spouse from Ticknall. Bit of a breakthrough!