Author Topic: HALL/ MADDEN/IRVINE/IRWIN/BARBOUR  (Read 1390 times)

Offline jbhistory

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HALL/ MADDEN/IRVINE/IRWIN/BARBOUR
« on: Monday 20 August 12 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm looking to connect with anyone researching these names originally from Co Tyrone, Ireland. HALL/MADDEN moved from Ireland to Coatbridge around 1830's.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HALL/ MADDEN/IRVINE/IRWIN/BARBOUR
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 August 12 12:51 BST (UK) »
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline joaneda

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HALL/ MADDEN/IRVINE/IRWIN/BARBOUR
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 30 November 16 19:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello,  My grandfathers names were Madden.  I went to Coatbridge to see if I had any Scottish blood and found the marriage certificate of John Madden and Sarah Goodfellow, which stated they were both from County Tyrone, Dunnagon Parish.  John Madden was from Challebrackey and my grandmother (Sarah Goodfellow) was from Ross beg.  John's father Edward Madden also moved to Coatbridge and died there.  John Madden and Sarah Goodfellow immigrated to Pittston, Pennsylvania.  I have the Madden history from this point.  Edward had another son named Patrick who was the informant(of his father's death) at the "Calder Works" where Edward worked. John Madden lived from 1825 to 1875.  Sarah Goodfellow lived from 1827-1887.  John's father, Edward lived 1790-1856.  Edward's wife was Helen (Ellen) MacDonald and lived 1792-1874.  Edward is buried in Coatbridge but I believe his wife, Helen MacDonald returned to Ireland and died there.  I would love to find family in this area so I could go visit and learn more about the Madden's and Goodfellow's!  As far as I know everyone was Catholic.  Joan