Author Topic: clare family kildare  (Read 11632 times)

Offline Sammyr81

• RootsChat Extra
  • sammydempsey@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
clare family kildare
« on: Monday 27 August 12 12:58 BST (UK) »
hi, i have decided to do my family tree, but cannot get beyond my parents details. all I no is the names of my mothers parents. we are trying to locate some info but we do not have much information. just names. william and kathleen clare. kathleens maidan name ( behan) my mother was born in athy in 1956, her parents died when she was young. i have tried to research the clare family surname but absolutely nothing to be found in athy co kildare ireland :-[. can some one advise on what is next , or does someone know of the clare family athy co kildare.. please help. any information woukd be appreciated. ;)
Ryan, Keightley
Clare,Behan

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: clare family kildare
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 August 12 13:09 BST (UK) »
Please be careful not to mentioned details of people that may still be alive as that against RootsChat's privacy policy.

Do you have your mother's birth cert already ?

The Irish BMD Index on FamilySearch covers event up to 1958, so should probably include her birth, and her parents marriage if it took place here. Athy town is based in the registration district of the same name, so thats what to look out for on the Index.

The main problem is the very recent dates involved, since other than the BMD Index, very few records for this timeframe are available online, for reasons of privacy etc.

see :  Introduction to Irish Records

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 August 12 13:13 BST (UK) »
There are four possible children born to this couple on the BMD Index - but the dates are too recent for posting. I'll send the Index references to you by Personal Message once you have a few more posts (3 are required for you to have full access to this).

You can use these references to order certs from the GRO to see if they are the correct family.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Sammyr81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 August 12 13:15 BST (UK) »
hi shane, thanks for your advise, above names mentioned are deceased. my mother does not hold a birth certificate. she was born at home and has searched for years for records on her birth, but could never find anything
Ryan, Keightley
Clare,Behan

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 27 August 12 13:18 BST (UK) »
I dont see a Clare/Behan birth registered in 1956 - but there are several others between 1952 and 1958. Sometimes birth registrations were late, so appear in the next quarter, and some could have been missed from official records, although very few in the 1950s..

Reply once more to this thread, so the personal message system is fully available to you. I'll send those names...

S.
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 27 August 12 13:30 BST (UK) »
There's a possible marriage for William and Kathleen in Athy district in 1950 - with his name listed as Clear :

Name: William Clear
  Registration district: Athy
  Event type: Marriage
  Quarter and year: Jul-Sep 1950
  Volume: 3 / Page: 228

A Kathleen Behan appears on the Index with the same details, so a possible bride to this William.

For notes on ordering certs, and the details they include see :

Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon
   Details included on a Marriage Cert

S.
My Surname Interests

Offline Sammyr81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 27 August 12 13:33 BST (UK) »
i am pretty new to this forum and only in early days of tracing my family. i am not sure how to work this forum out properly yet ..ha. sure with time i will :)
thanks Shane, U have been the first person to help me out .  ;)
Ryan, Keightley
Clare,Behan

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 27 August 12 13:45 BST (UK) »
I've sent you a PM with those names and references, which look to be four possible children for William & Kathleen.

You should receive a notification email from RootsChat with a link to the message, or you can click on the message link at the very top of the RootsChat webpage - look to the right of your username..

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline Sammyr81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 27 August 12 15:49 BST (UK) »
 :'(
Ryan, Keightley
Clare,Behan