Author Topic: Ellin/Ellen LLOYD  (Read 2089 times)

Offline ruchca

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ellin/Ellen LLOYD
« on: Monday 27 August 12 16:41 BST (UK) »
I wonder can anyone help, Trying to find Ellin/Ellen Lloyd death date. Also her on 1851 census. She was born in 1823 Llandecwyn. Her parents were Ruth Lewis 1791-? and David Lloyd 1796-between 1841and 1851(he was on 1841 census but she was described as widow on 1851) Ellin/Ellen married Morgan JONES 1816- Llandanwg, for somw reason he changed his name when he was single, his parents were John MORGANS and Lowry PUGH. If anyone can help or has any bitof info I would be very grateful.

Christine
CARTER PAULTON SOMERSET, HARDWICK LLANBISTER RADNOR,  KING ALTON PRIORS WILTSHIRE, THOMAS LLANBEDR MERIONETH,

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ellin/Ellen LLOYD
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 August 12 21:42 BST (UK) »
A possibility(?) for the 1851 census might be

2511  322 24

There is an Ellinor LLoyd,born 1825,Llandecwyn with a sister Margaret, at "Aran Bridge",registration district Dolgelly(sic)The age of Margaret seems 10 years out from the Margred with Ruth and David Lloyd on the 1841(no Ellin?),but a possibility(?)

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 27 August 12 22:06 BST (UK) »
The marriage is on the NorthWales BMD site 1844 St Tecwyn,LLandecwyn  reference ARDC05/1/E38 with the groom's name given as both variants- Morgan Jones and Morgan Morgans.This date however is obviously in conflict with the 1851 census on the previous post(apologies).

Regards
Roger

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 August 12 22:30 BST (UK) »
This looks like her in 1851:-

2512  24  5  "Cupla,Llanfair"

There is a mistranscription on FindMyPast with the head of the household given as Maryan Jones Morgans instead of Morgan Jones Morgans.Ellin is there born 1823 Llandecwyn.plus family.

Regards
Roger

Offline dcbnwh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 28 August 12 11:25 BST (UK) »
There is a probate record for Morgan Jones dated 29th August 1885, which states that he died on 21st February 1884 at Tyddynbach. Proved by his widow, Ellin.

However, I can't find a record of the death on the index or any further record for Ellin.

Regards,
David

Offline ruchca

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 September 12 16:18 BST (UK) »
Thanks to both for replies. I have gained a bit more info on my Ellen now, but still not her date of death. Ther are so many in Merioneth with the same name , and I havn't a clue as to when ,so I think she has got me stumped.
Cheers Christine
CARTER PAULTON SOMERSET, HARDWICK LLANBISTER RADNOR,  KING ALTON PRIORS WILTSHIRE, THOMAS LLANBEDR MERIONETH,