Author Topic: Suffolk Surnames  (Read 8386 times)

Offline londonliffen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Suffolk Surnames
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 11 March 15 18:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sarah
I would be very interested to know the names of your father and grandfather.

Definitely certain that GGF was Frederick Liffen,  b1894 d1951.

Then I believe his father was Frederick Liffen . Born 1860 to 1938. Lots of Fredericks make it confusing although members on Rootschat have helped me. Have a search for "southlondon Liffen"  I haven't been on the tree for a while though.

Does this help?

Offline John_Moore

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 16 March 15 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Sarah,
I am new to Rootschat too, but not to LEFFEN/LIFFEN research.  I did try to send an private message but that probably did not get through because you have only made one post so far. Have been in touch with Henry (london liffen) and hope to talk to him by phone soon. Would very much like to know where you fit into the south London families.

Regards,
John
Researching: LEFFEN, LIFFEN, LIFFIN etc. south London and worldwide.

Offline Beverley Robinson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 03:35 BST (UK) »
HI, i am researching James Chilvers. James was the seventh child of nine born to James Chlivers & Elizabeth Chilvers (nee Jarred) Christened on the 11th November 1783 in the small village of Kelsale.
His father James Chilvers was born 1740 in Westall Suffolk England and married Elizabeth Jarred or Garrod in 11/11/1763. I know that James was convicted of a crime and transported to new south wales. What I am seeking is information prior to his transportation in 1814. Maybe the family may also be researching an would like to know about his life in Australia. He is my 3 x great grandfather.
My name is Beverley Robinson.

Offline londonliffen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 02 March 21 19:04 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if amyone is still active in this thread? I am back on after some years away.

Henry Liffen

Offline Mikey P

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 23 December 21 14:21 GMT (UK) »
I have been researching Paine, pain, payne for several years and now have direct line ancestors from Lowestoft in 1988 to Mendham, Suffolk in 1696. All along the river Waveney. Are you looking for any of these?
I am trying to get back to Thomas Paine (weaver in Wrentham) and his son Thomas Paine who sailed to Cape Cod in the early 1500s (pre Mayflower) with the assistance of a Great Yarmouth merchant called Paine.