Author Topic: Ellen Fitzpatrick born abt 1818 Kildare  (Read 6524 times)

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ellen Fitzpatrick born abt 1818 Kildare
« on: Thursday 30 August 12 06:11 BST (UK) »
I am searching for any info on my ggggrandmother Ellen Fiitzpatrick born abt 1818 Kildare.She was                sentenced to 7yrs transportation on 6th June 1837 at Meath for stealing.She arrived in Australia in 1838 on  convict ship Diamond.She married fellow convict Justus Wilson Hudson in Port Macquarie NSW in 1845 they had 7 children.She died at Kempsey NSW in1889. I havent any info before Ausralia but have family tree in Australia.Have no info on her parents or any other family in Ireland.Any help would be appreciated.
                                                                                                                    Thanks Chinka

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Ellen Fitzpatrick born abt 1818 Kildare
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 August 12 08:04 BST (UK) »
To search for early parish records you usually require a more detailed location i.e. the name of the town, townland or parish where this Fitzpatrick family lived.

Introduction to Irish Records
  My Ancestor came from Ireland - where do I start?   

Have you searched for marriage and death records for your Ellen to see if they give any details of her parents ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 August 12 09:00 BST (UK) »
Ellens death cert shows parents unknown.Records of her transportation are correct .She was illiterate and signed with a cross on her marriage certificate.Her eldest child was called Mary who was born before her marriage .Maybe she was called after her mother.I realize it is difficult to trace without much info. Just hoping that someone maybe tracing this family as well.I dont seem to have much success tracing any of my Irish ancestors because there is limited information .I may stike it lucky oneday. Thanks for your advice

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 August 12 09:04 BST (UK) »
1818 is before many of the RC parish records available, particularly in rural areas, where the average starting date for records would be about 1830, which is why the location is important.

There are some Fitzpatrick baptisms in Co. Kildare around the the time including a few Ellens, but unfortunately without a location or family details as clues there's no way to verify, or rule out, any of these...

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 August 12 09:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help.I realize it is near impossible.Maybe someone out there will one day go searching for a long lost relative who was transported .

Offline tonegunman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 29 September 17 03:33 BST (UK) »
I know this is an old post but I have a DOB for Ellen of 14th April 1816, Kildare and Rathangan, Kildare....

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 29 September 17 04:07 BST (UK) »

Thanks for your post.Can you tell me the names of Ellen s parents .I do have some info but have yet to verify it.
                                        Chinka

Offline tonegunman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 29 September 17 05:50 BST (UK) »
That's all I have...I don't have the parents either...not sure how I even got that, I will have to look back through my records and will let you know if I find anything. I've got a few I'm looking for in Ireland... From what I can gather the potato famines wiped out whole districts. Are you in Aus?

Offline chinka

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 29 September 17 06:05 BST (UK) »

Yes I am in Aus.Are you part of the family.Thanks