Author Topic: Burials for Dailly and Loudoun.  (Read 3497 times)

Offline honestman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burials for Dailly and Loudoun.
« on: Sunday 02 September 12 18:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks,

I have the book of monumental inscriptions for Old Dailly Churchyard and the old section of New Dailly Cemetery. I also have the Loudoun Parish Burial records for 1811 - 1857.

If anyone would like anything looked up just give me a shout.

Stephen
Wagstaff,armour,neil, fulton

Offline coelmar

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Burials for Dailly and Loudoun.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 November 12 16:29 GMT (UK) »
Honestman
     I have just posted about the Davidsons and Youngs of Dailly and Pangbourne, Berks.     Agnes Young's father is, in our family legend, the Minister, presumably in Dailly.
     Any mention of him on the gravestones?
Yours
Coelmar
Davidson & Young in Ayrshire::  Deacon in Beds:: Hawkins & Young in Berks::  Grant, Hammond & Southgate in Essex::  Punter & Sorrell in London:: Dennison in Suffolk & Yorks

Offline djct59

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 February 13 18:45 GMT (UK) »
My great great great grandfather Adam Bryden (b. 1804) was born in New Dailly, and appears to have lived in Ayrshire most of his life. His wife Ann Parker apparently died in Kirkoswald in 1855. They had twelve children, five of whom predeceased their mother. I have no details of Adam's date and place of death, so perhaps you can help?

Douglas

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 February 13 19:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi Douglas

You can view the image of Ann's 1855 death cert if you need to on the official pay to view site www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

You are likely to have come across this post or similar regarding Ann's death already? http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/SCT-WIGTOWNSHIRE/2010-09/1283335283

Are these the children? http://www.williamdavidson.com/wc34/wc34_337.htm

Some online trees have Adam dieing in the US in 1872...or in 1892 (a bit of confusion it seems)?

Which of the children are you researching from the family?

Monica  :)
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline djct59

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 February 13 21:52 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the quick reply.

That is the correct family - my great great grandfather was James Bryden (1829-71) who moved to Edinburgh, married Mary Steven or Dunn (1829-1900), and died of Bronchitis in Edinburgh Royal Infirmary on 9th November. At the time of James' death Adam is listed as a collier, but not as deceased. As he would be around 67 years old there's no reason to expect he wouldn't still be alive, and possibly living with a sibling (he was one of thirteen) or one of his surviving children. I haven't been able top locate a date a date and place of death.

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 04 February 13 09:45 GMT (UK) »
Douglas, have you been able to double check with James' marriage cert. Daughter's birth here? https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FQSH-4QP

Have you been able to trace any of the other siblings showing as living from mother Ann's 1855 death cert?

I've struggled to find the family in the 1861 census, after Ann's death. Have you been able to find them? James here, (sure you have this, but for background to the post):

James Bryden 39 miner b. Kirkoswald
Mary Bryden 43 Staymaker b. Dundee
Jemima M Bryden 7 b. Edinburgh
Address: 28 Tolbooth Wynd, Leith South

Possibly for James in 1861:

Mathew Park 40 Iron Stone Miner b. Muirkirk, Ayrshire
Isabella Park 36 b. Coylton, Ayrshire
George Park 5 nephew b. Muirkirk, Ayrshire
James Brydon 27 boarder, Iron Stone Miner b. Kirkmichael
Address: 18 Greenhill Road, Dalmellington

Monica

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 04 February 13 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Having another quick look through...still seeing nothing more that all the arrows pointing towards Pennsylvania for Adam  :-\

Have you come across this research already? Based on this family here for your Adam?

http://i-83-67-41-189.freedom2surf.net/fam19320.htm
www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=74315575
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/d/a/n/Paul-Daniels-RI/WEBSITE-0001/UHP-0239.html

Might make sense. There doesn't seem to be any further trace of Adam in Scotland so far and some of the siblings for James after mother's death in 1855.

These is a possible census entry for an Adam in Pennsylvania in 1860. He shows with other Brydens but relationship not given:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MXTZ-QF8

Monica

Offline djct59

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 04 February 13 22:40 GMT (UK) »
MonicaL: Jemima Bryden was my great-grandmother. James' death certificate gives his address as Tolbooth Wynd, and he was a bit vague about his age, knocking a year off it sometime around the date of his move to Edinburgh. As Adam was reportedly a collier to trade, a move to join family members in the Pennsylvania coalfields is more than feasible.

Thanks

Offline afaile

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 16 October 17 20:15 BST (UK) »
Maybe honestman can help? Any burial records for Samuel or Helen? Or where could I search?

I'm looking to locate where my Great Grandfather x3 is buried. His name is Samuel Chapman. He was born in Loudoun Scotland in 1781.  He married in 1806 Loudoun Parish to a Helen Findly/Finley, born 1785 in Galston. He was a farmer and assumed lived in or around Loudoun till his death around 75 years of age. 1856?  I guess I'm trying to find what cemeteries are in the area that might have records that I can search.  His son Samuel W Chapman was born in Darvel 1816 and came to america in 1841.  Thanks for any help out there!  Allison