Author Topic: John Thomas W. Willis, Jersey City, New Jersey  (Read 6263 times)

Offline magnum702

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Thomas W. Willis, Jersey City, New Jersey
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 04 June 13 16:43 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the information Barry. I do not have much information on Rebecca but at least based on the information I have there were at least 2 other siblings. A Robert born about 1876 and an Eliza (which could be short for Elizabeth) born about 1877.  Unfortunately the Irish records are a bit sketchy from my experience (Leslie's mother's family traces their roots to Cork and India). I'm gonna give the old college try in trying to dig deeper into Thomas and Matilda. If there is anything you would need as far as information regarding the Willis side of the family that stayed in the states I can do my best to answer for you.

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 28 November 14 01:30 GMT (UK) »
More and more records are coming on line. Found recently and put information on my "notes"for the Willis family. Another question solved!

"Left New York on RMS Aquitania and arrived in Liverpool 27 July 1914. William Bowes and wife "Nellie", actually Rebecca [Willis] Bowes and children, William, Loana and Robert T. The latter born in Pennsylvania. Ships' Manifests, Aquitania. In Engand for about a week then WWI declared, 4 August, 1914.

Offline dwilliams721

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 18 January 16 01:14 GMT (UK) »
John Willis- Jersey City-  I collect vintage photos. I recently acquired a photo of a young boy, well dressed with the name John Willis written on back.  The front has the photographers' name, E.B Monckton and address, 654 Newark Avenue Jersey City.  The boy looks to be about 9 or 10 years old.  Could this be the John Willis that you are talking about?

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 21 January 16 03:42 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat. John Thomas W. Willis was born 1 October 1879, Burnopfield, County Durham, England. Arrived in USA 1910. He married 4 May 1911, Scranton, PA. This John Willis was never a boy in USA.