Author Topic: Belgium-databases  (Read 10619 times)

Offline mc8

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Belgium-databases
« on: Wednesday 05 September 12 20:38 BST (UK) »
Apologies if this has been previously posted, but two excellent resources for BMD here which have allowed me to trace my lines into the early 1600s

Flanders- http://www.vrijwilligersrab.be/en
State archives- http://arch.arch.be/index.php?lang=en_GB
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mc8

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Belgium-databases
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 January 13 10:50 GMT (UK) »
And this link provides a wealth of resources
http://www.geneaknowhow.net/digi/wvlaan-ei.html

Offline mc8

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 January 13 10:41 GMT (UK) »
Some useful links for Belgian and Dutch resources in this thread
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,631793.new.html#new

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 02 February 13 17:35 GMT (UK) »
State Archives Belgium

http://search.arch.be/nl/tips/98-parochieregisters                          (parish records  -  ca 1600 -  1795)

http://search.arch.be/nl/tips/101-burgerlijke-stand                       (civil records  -  ca 1795 - 1910)

To view the digitized documents, you must register first. 
quickest way to explain : Click on one of the links above
than :
→   EN  (top left on screen)
→   Thuispagina   (homepage)
→   FAQ   
→   Create an account

Search the records : the records are divided by province and / or (judical) district   

eg   :  the city of Liège
click on the second link above   (the civil records link)
→   -  Provincie Luik (arr. Luik, Verviers)
→   Liège
→   now you can choose : births, marriages or deaths

Translation
Burgerlijke stand   -  Etat civil             -  civil registration
parochie                   -  paroisse                    -  parish
doopaktes                   -  actes de baptèmes    -  baptism records
geboorteaktes           -  actes de naissances  -  birth records
huwelijksaktes              -  actes de mariages     -  marriage records
overlijdensaktes            -  actes de décès          -  death records
begravingaktes           -  actes de sépultures  -  burial records   

Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest   -  Bruxelles-Capitale  -  Brussels-Capital Region

Flemish speaking
provincie Antwerpen       -  province Anvers     -  province of Antwerp
provincie Limburg       -  province Limbourg     -  province of Limburg
provincie Oost-Vlaanderen   -  province Flandre oriëntale     -  province of East Flanders
provincie Vlaams-Brabant      -  province Brabant flamand     -  province of Flemisch Brabant
provincie West-Vlaanderen      -  province Flandre occidentale   -  province of West Flanders

French speaking
provincie Henegouwen      -  province Hainaut     -  province of Hainaut
provincie Luik      -  province Liège        -  province of Liège
provincie Luxemburg     -  province Luxembourg     -  province of Luxembourg
provincie Namen      -  province Namur     -  province of Namur
provincie Waals-Brabant      -  province Brabant wallon     -  province of Walloon Brabant

Barnes  -  Bezzell  -  O'Farell  -  Smith - Pluquet
Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline katman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 00:26 BST (UK) »
      I have tried many links offered, but can find no trace of Gerard Henri Lonnaux.
 According to family jottings, Gerard was born in Malines/Mechelen, Belgium, on 22 October 1847.
 Having such an exact date, I thought the trace would be relatively simple, but life, (and family research ;D) was never meant to be easy.

Gerard, where are you?

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 20:32 BST (UK) »
Too simple spoils the fun Katman  ;D
Gerard is there where he ought to be, in Mechelen.  Well, I think it’s him.

(date : dd/mm/yyyyy)

cert n° 707,  registration date : 22/10/1846 at 15:30,  (page number of the image : 195)
Herman Gerard Lonneux    born on 22/10/1846 at 00:15 Mechelen, province Antwerp, Belgium
parents :     -  Jean Servais Lonneux, 30 years old, born in Rijsbergen;  province Noord-Brabant;  Netherlands, coachman and  Jeanne Cruyplants,                           35 years old, born in  Mechelen,  their address : section C  n° 436 Milsenstraat,  Mechelen
declarant :   -  Jean Servais Lonneux,  father of the child
witnesses :  -  Gerard Lambert Cruyplants,  32 years old, employee at the local tax office, residing at Mechelen
                    -  Joseph De Pauw, 40 years old, coachman , residing at Mechelen

cert (state archives Belgium) :

http://search.arch.be/nl/zoeken-naar-archieven/zoekresultaat/ead/index/eadid/BE-A0511_112303_110914_DUT

Mechelen  → Burgerlijke stand geboorteakten → Burgerlijke stand geboorteakten  → 1846 → Gedigitaliseerde archiefdocumenten (580) → click on an image  →  you can browse or enter the page number in the box next to “Direct naar” (bottom right of the screen)

Marriage Jean Servais Lonneux  -  Jeanne Cruyplants         cert n° 157  (pagenumber of the image : 89)
marriage publications  :  on the Sundays 29/08/1841 and 05/09/1841 at 10:00,  Mechelen
marriage :  09/09/1841  Mechelen at 09:30
Jean Servais Lonneux born 08/08/1816  Rijsbergen;  Noord-Brabant;  Netherlands,  coachman,  address :  section C, rue de Notre Dame, Mechelen
parents  :  Pierre Lonneux,  deceased  23/03/1831 Mechelen
                  Schrauwen Catharine,  day labourer,  address : section ..., rue de Cemetière, Mechelen,  present and consenting
Jeanne Cruyplants :  born 11/09/1811 Mechelen,  day labourer,  address : section B ;  rue Haute;  Mechelen  (with her mother)
parents : Henri Augustin Cruyplants,  deceased 19/08/1837 Mechelen
                Jeanne Du Champs,  midwife,  present and consenting
witnesses 
-  Jacques Francois Cruyplants,  34 years old,  shoemaker, residing at Kalfort (hamlet of Puurs) ; province Antwerp,  brother of the bride
-  Jean Julien Cruyplants,  31 years old,  coppersmith,  residing at Mechelen,  cousin of the bride,
-  Desire Vercautere,  33 years old,  train driver, residing at Mechelen, not related to the couple
-  Jean Baptiste Spruyt,  35 years old,  inn keeper, residing at Mechelen, not related to the couple

cert (state archives Belgium) : same link as above
Mechelen  → Burgerlijke stand huwelijksakten → Burgerlijke stand huwelijksakten  → 1841 → ......

The birth cert of Jean Servais (Johannes Servaas) Lanneux, some siblings, the marriage cert of his parents, etc, can be found at :  “Regionaal Archief West-Brabant”  (archive of Noord-Brabant, Netherland)

http://www.regionaalarchiefwestbrabant.nl/zoeken/voorouders/resultaat/q/text/lonne%2A/q/persoon_rol_s_0/0/q/persoon_rol_s_1/0/q/zoekwijze/s/q/register_gemeente/0?limit=1000

and also at Familysearch    https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/list#page=1&countryId=1927059

Groetjes
Leen

Belgium - France - Calcutta  -  Essex  -  Exeter  -  Harlesden  -  Newcastle Upon Tyne  -  Tavistock  -  Willesden

Offline katman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 21:22 BST (UK) »
Leen, you have made my day!
I have searched high and low for that bloke. My very good mate is a descendant of Gerard/Herman, and all he had was the date 10 Oct 1847, exactly a year out from the 1846 mentioned on your source, but relatively accurate in the world of Olde Records.

When Gerard's wife died in 1902, he put his surname down (The Times of India) as 'Lonnaux-CRUYPLANTS' The only time I have seen that name on his records until now. This evidence proves beyond doubt your source data is accurate.

Have a drink on me, while I copy/paste and digest this lot. :D

Again, thanks muchily.

Offline martinseawards

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 10 November 13 17:53 GMT (UK) »
I'm struggling to find information concerning my grandfather's first marriage in Belgium and wondered if anyone on here could assist. I know he married on 30 June 1945. His bride was called Fabienne. However, I do not know where in Belgium they got married or her maiden name. I understand though that they had a child called Jessica Mae and that Fabienne may have already been pregnant with this child when they got married. Any suggestions where I should start to look. I have already contacted the Belgium authorities who were not very helpful. Thank you in anticipation.

Offline leen

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 12 November 13 11:25 GMT (UK) »

I don’t know whether this will be possible.  Due to the privacy law in Belgium, vital records are only available when they are at least 100 years old. There are some exceptions when it comes to direct relatives (your children, parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc.) But even though this is about your grandfather, you must prove it. For any other relative you do need a permission from the court of first instance of the region where the event took place. Beside  that we don’t have a central database for BMD’s  such  as in England. The vital records for this period and the indexes (bmd’s) are kept by the local councils themselves.  So, as you can see, not the exact date or the surname of Fabienne (I guess you got your grandfather’s) is really important but the place. You need at least the location wherein the marriage took place.  Have you really no idea in what region ? That would limit the possibilities a bit.
Leen