Author Topic: Beard Families  (Read 54755 times)

Offline seyshell

• RootsChat Extra
  • A Stranger in a Strange Land
    • View Profile
Re: Beard Families
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 17 February 10 06:12 GMT (UK) »
Any info for a Miss Beard that married a Brown in Bristol then immigrated to Canada, and returned home after death of a daughter.
If you have any information, I would be very grateful

Michelle

please disregard this, I have found out that the name is Board, (gotta love carbon copies)

thank you anyway.

M
Hopgood, IOW & Qld, Kunkel Qld, Honor QLD, Taylor Notts & Qld, Limbrick, Lawson

My email address is not working sorry

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 09 March 10 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Willow - Cookley isn't far from me in Kidderminster and I know at least 2 Beard family's there - one running an electrical company in Stourport.  Not sure if it's relevant but don't give up on the living Beard's!

Thanx for that I will have to do some checking!

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Dianne Thomas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 27 March 13 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alf- I think that I spoke to you a while ago, concerning brothers Moses Beard born 1828 (Tetbury) & Cornelius Beard born 1830 (Tetbury) both sons of Stephen & Rebecca nee Sharpe . They came to Western Australia per the vessel "City of Bristol"in 1856 and settled in the Northam District. I have been busy with my sister who has now passed away and I wonder if you have any  info on their line. Stephen son of William & Alice nee WITTS, William son of William & Mary nee Dicks, William son of John & Mary nee Blizzard, John son of Samuel & Not Stated, Samuel son of Daniel & Mary nee Not Stated, Daniel son of Daniel & Mary nee Lawrence. - Romany Roser

Offline Helina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Willow
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Thursday 28 March 13 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Hope you have received my pm, Alf.

Now do some more research on the Beard family and on familysearch have come across this baptism which differs from the one I have.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J3SN-JG7

I have William Beard being baptised on the 13 Augest, sibling Jane I have as born in 1783 so cannot see another child called William being born. 

Unfortunately cannot recall where I obtained the first baptism.

Can anyone put any light on the 2 baptisms.

helina

Austin,Bistol
Coole,Bristol
Lewis, Bristol
Williams,Olveston
Howard,Bristol
Shepherd Admonsbury.
Tinney, Plymouth.
Ogborn,Bristol.
Blore.Derbyshire,Bristol,Redditch.
Richards,Bristol
Milson, Bitton
Harrison, Derbyshire
Census information Crown Copyright  from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dianne Thomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Thursday 28 March 13 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Hope you have received my pm, Alf.

Now do some more research on the Beard family and on familysearch have come across this baptism which differs from the one I have.

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/J3SN-JG7

Hi thank you for your reply

Accordily William Beard was born 13 April 1762 at  Tetbury , Gloucestershire, England. He died in England, not sure about his  sister Jane. He had a son name Stephen Beard?  Maybe Stephen,s brother or son name was Moses Ion Beard, born in  1826 died in Northam , Western Australia on the  4.4 1891. He immigrated in Australia with his wife Mary Beard née Mann.  They had 5  children, John, Ernest, Cornelius, Jane and Sarah.
Ernest Stephen Beard born 1856 died 1921 in Northam, Western Australia. He married to Ruth Blake , and they had children. They had a son also name was Ernest Stephen Beard. He married to Victoria Blake. They both buried in Northam, Western Australia. They had children. Their daughter name was  Pansy Ida Harman née Beard. Pansy was my grand mother. She was born on 20 th February 1916 died on 25 th January 1981 buried in Northam
 I am from Western Australia.
Not sure this the correct William Beard?
 Thanks
Dianne Thomas

I have William Beard being baptised on the 13 Augest, sibling Jane I have as born in 1783 so cannot see another child called William being born. 

Unfortunately cannot recall where I obtained the first baptism.

Can anyone put any light on the 2 baptisms.

helina

Offline Helina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Willow
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Thursday 28 March 13 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Think we are talking about 2 different William Beards.  My William's parents were Giles and Sarah Beard, William's spouse was Margaret Prout,

Thanks for replying

helina
Austin,Bistol
Coole,Bristol
Lewis, Bristol
Williams,Olveston
Howard,Bristol
Shepherd Admonsbury.
Tinney, Plymouth.
Ogborn,Bristol.
Blore.Derbyshire,Bristol,Redditch.
Richards,Bristol
Milson, Bitton
Harrison, Derbyshire
Census information Crown Copyright  from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dianne Thomas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Thursday 28 March 13 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Thank you all for the many responses to my query on Daniel BEARD. An outline of the generations to Cornelius & Moses Beard's who came to Western Australia are.(1) Daniel b.1645 (Painswick, Gloucestershire) & Mary Lawrence, (2) Daniel b.1667 & Mary, (3) Samuel b.1685 (Painswick, Gloucestershire)  & not stated, (4) John b.1723 (Standish Gloucestershire) & Mary Blizzard, William b.1736 (Tetbury Gloucestershire)  & Mary Dicks, (5), William b.1762 (Longhope, Gloucestershire) & Alice Witts, (6) Stephen b.1791 (Tetbury, Gloucestershire) & Rebecca Sharpe,  **** Two of the sons' of Stephen & Rebecca , Cornelius b.1830 & Moses b.1826 both in Tetbury came to Western Australia in 1857 and I am researching their life for my friend. Both of these men had large families here and I was hoping to fill in the gaps in England- Roser

Hi Roser

I may have answer to your request. Moses Ion Beard b. 1826 died on 4.4.1891 buried in Northam western Australia. He married to Mary Mann. Cornelius Beard also buried in Northam, Western Australia. Moses had a son named Ernest Stephen Beard he also buried in Northam. He also had a son named after him
Ernest Stephen Beard married to Ruth Blake
Ernest Stephen Beard married to Victoria Blake. They had a daughter named Pansy Ida Beard, she married to Denis Harman. Pansy was my grandmother. She was born on the 20 th Feb 1916 died on 25th Jan 1981 buried in Northam.
I live in Perth of Australia. I was born in Northam too.
Moses and his immigrated in Australia 1857.
Thanks
Dianne Thomas

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Friday 29 March 13 07:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alf,
I'm not going to trawl through 6 pages of posts, but will just give you the following marriage:-
Henry BEARD married Elizabeth CLARKE at Holy Trinity, Minchinhampton, Glos, on 21st November 1819, by Banns.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway

Offline Victor Harvey

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Victor is very ill, this account will close soon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Friday 29 March 13 07:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Alf,
Another one for you.
William BEARD married Margaret PROUT at St James the Elder, Horton, Chipping Sodbury, Glos on 20th August, 1804, by Banns.
If I can help with any more marriages, do ask.
Victor
HARVEY, Guiting Power, Glos                     
PORTER, Gunmakers of Whitechapel
ALLEN - Blockley, BOWLES - Notgrove, BURROWS - Sevenhampton, COOK - Notgrove, DRINKWATER-LUNN - Aston Cross, FARDON - Temple Guiting, FAULKNER - Cheltenham, GADEN, GAYDEN, GAYDON, GRINHAM - Cheltenham, HART - Stow-on-the-Wold, LANE - Staverton, MOABY - Coln St Aldwyns, STAITE - Temple Guiting, TIMBRELL - Winchcombe, TYSOE - Warks & Glos, WHITFORD - Stanway, WINTLE - Forest of Dean, WYNNIATT - Stanway