Author Topic: Beard Families  (Read 54854 times)

Offline Regorian

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry Griffiths Jnr c1914, HMS Achilles
    • View Profile
Re: Beard Families
« Reply #72 on: Monday 17 September 18 14:02 BST (UK) »
I see this Thread has come to life again. I delved and came up with the following.

I saw Gilbert Beard, Sutton Road, bn 1922 in the late 80's at Soudley. he was sitting out in front of a garage type building for buses.

Back in the 80's I was told he was related to Emily Virgo, 1866 to 1958. Emily was younger sister of Hannah Richings 1863 to 1897.

Charles Virgo married Emily Richings in 1892. I then looked for 1911 Census to see if any daughters. In 1911 Gladys Louise 13 and Dorothy 8.

Gladys L married ? Beard in 1919. Their son was Gilbert W.

I attach a photo of Emily Virgo (Richings) c1890 (puff upper sleeves) and at a wedding in 1922 (Seated 2nd from right) 

Griffiths Llandogo, Mitcheltroy, Mon. and Whitchurch Here (Also Edwards),  18th C., Griffiths FoD 19th Century.

Offline Tschaka Roussel-Milner

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 12 September 19 17:28 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

This is a bit of a long shot. I am a descendent of Elizabeth Beard (1765?-1851), daughter of William Beard (1737-1776) and Elizabeth Tozer (1735-1776). An auto-suggestion anomaly has arisen suggesting she was born in Calvados, Normandy and that her son, William Russell, might have been too. (I seriously doubt it!) However, there is a family legend, shared also by other descending families that there were links to France and revolutionaries around this time. Has anyone else come across this?

Offline ArmstrongP

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday 28 July 21 19:55 BST (UK) »
Hello all,

New to RootsChat and read about Constable SAMUEL BEARD (born 1824 in Arlingham), whose memorial is in Little Dean churchyard. He is my wife's gggfather and we have seen and photographed the grave. I have all the details of his death from newspaper reports. Samuel married JANE MORTON in Cheltenham on 7 Dec 1844. His father's name was THOMAS, but I have no more details. Does this tie into any existing Beard tree, please?

Regards,

Peter

Samuel Beard was also my great great grandfather. I would love to know your wife’s family history.  Emily Beard (his daughter) was my great grandmother. I actually have Samuel and Jane’s original marriage certificate though I have had it restored as it was very delicate.   I can’t seem to get any further back on either Samuel or Jane’s ancestors.