Author Topic: KENNY family: Fermanagh to Gatineau, Quebec, Canada in1830.  (Read 41554 times)

Offline TaiCheese

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: KENNY family: Fermanagh to Gatineau, Quebec, Canada in1830.
« Reply #54 on: Monday 23 November 15 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I'm a new member to RootsChat. I would like the information that DonKenny offered as the John Kenny mentioned is my GGGFather. I can't send a PM as I'm new to the forum

Offline donkenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday 24 November 15 00:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Taicheese:

Thank you for your inquiry.

I would be pleased to send you the Mark Kenny documentation. I will need a safe mailing address.

As to your problem with the Personal Message threshold, simply send two more posts, possibly giving us a little background on your line. It doesn't have to be much, but it should show the likely  connection. Then send me your mailing address via PM.

Until later,

Don.

Offline TaiCheese

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday 24 November 15 01:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Don,

I believe my family tree is connected to the Kenney's you reference.

My Grandmother: Mary Dinah Kenney,
Great Grandfather was Spearman Corbett Kenney
Great Grandfather was John Kenney who was married to Dinah Corbett
Great Great Grandfather was Mark Kenney. 
Mark Kennedy (should have been Kenney) is listed as the father of Mark Renney on the wedding document from Ontario marriages when John married Dinah Corbett. Also his mother is listed as Jane Hard.

Offline TaiCheese

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday 24 November 15 01:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Don, below is the source of the wedding information. I do have a copy in my files.
Name John Renney Aged    24 born about 1834
Married    20 Apr 1858 at    Ottawa Carleton
Father    Mark Rennedy  Mother    Jane Hard
wife:    Diane Corbett  Aged    19
born    abt 1839 in   Nepean Township
Residence of    Nepean Township
Father   Pat Corbett
Mother   Elizabeth
from    Nepean Township

Source Citation Archives of Ontario Series  MS248  Reel 12

Offline Lumberjackhunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: Thursday 26 April 18 17:00 BST (UK) »
Hi I have recently started searching for Canadian Forestry Corps history during the 1st WW they played a part in my local forest & finding details on the Canadian Governments web site it has lead me to the No 126 Company of which a captain A B R Kenny was in command, he came from Ottawa hence my search for any Kenny's there. So seeing your name in the Roots Chat forum I make this enquire. I'm wondering if you mite be able to offer some information regarding this Gentleman & maybe you have some photos you could possible copy & pass on.
Many thanks in advance. 

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: Friday 04 May 18 13:40 BST (UK) »
Lumberjackhunter
I've given a reply on your other request LINK
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Lumberjackhunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: Saturday 05 May 18 11:50 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your reply

Offline donkenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: Sunday 06 May 18 18:52 BST (UK) »
ABR Kenny is not from my Fernamagh (Methodist) Kenny line.

ABR likely came from another (Anglican) line who settled in Gouldburn, Carleton County, on the west side of Ottawa, Ontario. I have a chart of this Mark Kenny family, which includes references to the Scharfe family, if I remember correctly.

ABR was born in the Hintonburg district of Ottawa. They were entered into the 1901 census under the name "Keeny". His father was Robert, and his mother, Charlotte Scharfe. The family lived in the New Hintonburgh district in Ottawa, and the father was a lumberman. Lumbering was big in the Ottawa/Gaineau area in the 19th century.

if you dig around a bit in Google, you will find an excellent and extensive history of the 126th. There are a number of good photos of ABR Kenny.

Are you looking for a relative or records/details? Please advise as to where we are making progress, if any?

Offline Lumberjackhunter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: Sunday 06 May 18 22:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks Donkenny I'm just a very interested person looking into the unit that worked the woods during our hours of need during WW1 & we are grateful to all our commonwealth cousins for the help you have all given us during these troubled times. So far I have found some interesting info about the 126th they worked at Amptill in Bedfordshire County & here in Santon Downham in Suffolk. While they were here they built two houses which remained intact until the late seventy's I had the privilege of working for the then owner for a few hours a week before I left school & the house next door was owned by a market gardener were I used to collect vegetable's from for my mother so I suppose now I am retired I have some time to look into it all. The forest is one of the largest in the U K & I have recently joined a conservation group which meets once a month to carry out various projects also as a boy I played with friends on the site of the old Mill the 126th set up, it was mostly a pickling plant for fencing materials but they still had some of the old railway lines for running hand trolleys on. many thanks for all your help once again.