Author Topic: McKercher brothers 1841 Census look up  (Read 3446 times)

Offline Robin McKercher

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
McKercher brothers 1841 Census look up
« on: Friday 27 May 05 10:27 BST (UK) »
I'm researching the family history ... I would love a look up of following McKercher brothers all born in Perthshire:

John McKercher, born Jan. 11, 1811
Duncan McKercher, born 1820
Alexander McKercher, born 1822

It appears they all came to the US in 1842.

Hoping for positive results.  ;D

Thank you, Robin McKercher

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: McKercher brothers 1841 Census look up
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 May 05 10:55 BST (UK) »
Robin
had a look at my disks Britsh Isles Vital Record can only find two pos.

John Mckercher chris 18/3/1810
Duncan Mckercher chris 23/7/1814 Weems perth

father Donald Mckercher
mother Ann Mcarther

no Alex

audrey

Offline K Rees

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 May 12 11:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Robin

I am happy to do some look ups for you on the IGI. The other alternative is pay for possible baptisms via Scotslandspeople which most time give where the parents were living at the time of the baptism.

There was a bp of John McKerchar 31 Oct 1811 to Donald McKerchar and Charlotte McFarlane in Fortingall.

Do you have some possible parents for your line? I could see if there were other siblings born to the same parents which may give a clue.

I have found in my McKerchaer research that not all baptisms were registered in Fortingall/ and or Weem Parishes.

I am researching one John McKerchar of Balanhanaid and Margaret Campbell from Slatich and their descendants; however, I am interested in making connections with other possible siblings.

Keith
Rees: innkeeper/farmer/solicitor, Haverfordwest, Wales; Menzies: innkeeper, Glen Lyon, Scotland;
Tomkins: merchants, London;  Lee:  farmers, Watford Village, Northamptonshire; Pocock, teachers, Bristol; Grace: doctors, cricketers, Gloucestershire; Day: lithographers, London; Clark:  teachers, Folkstone.
Banks: farmer/curriers/shoemakers, East Ham, Bermondsey, East End

Offline Kmaleski

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 August 17 00:16 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

These are the sons of Alexander McKercher (b 1791) and Jane Hay (b 19 Apr 1778) of Kenmore.

I have not identified Alexanders parents yet, but Jane Hay was born in Croftmartaig to Donald Hay and Janet McLaren. This is confirmed by letters written home by a neighboring family in Kenmore.

Alexander and Jane immigrated with their family to Racine, Wisconsin. 

Please see mckercher.org for details and if you have any contributions, corrections let me know.

Kori

Researching McKercher, McKerchar, McKerracher, McKericher and the families of Fortingall, Weem, Kenmore, Killin and Dull parishes.

www.mckercher.org