Author Topic: Blyth Family Portrait  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Frosty142

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blyth Family Portrait
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 28 September 17 20:53 BST (UK) »
Peggy and Bill. She was the teacher, my mother's oldest sister. Bill was a sea going engineer and assisted during the Dieppe evacuation. Their son still lives locally.

I remember the brass statue on the stair post and the washroom in the rear yard at 59.

My parents were married at St. Mary's and we were christened there. I think most, if not all the Ferrell family were too.

On my father's side, my great,great grandfather was at one time the station master in Blyth but my grandfather emigrated to Canada in 1905.

Do you know the fellow who started this post after acquiring the photo? He hasn't looked at it since 2012 so not sure he will check back. Is there a way to send private messages to someone on this site? I just signed on when I happened on the photo and hoped to contact him. Thanks

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 28 September 17 22:43 BST (UK) »
Welcome to rootschat Frosty  :)

The person who started the thread was last on site on Saturday and Alisdair, who bought the photograph, has been on today.  They would both be notified of new activity on the thread.

Personal messages can be sent.  Click on the persons name to go to their profile page and on the list on the left of the page there is an option to send a pm.

Hope this helps

Christine

Offline TriciaK

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 29 September 17 11:51 BST (UK) »
Yes - I forgot to welcome you Frosty  :)
I remember the washroom in the backyard too, but not the brass statue on the stairpost.
I think I would have noticed it while I was there, because I used to slide down the bannisters on my tummy, and once fell over headfirst ( panic - minor concussion!)
Knott - Northumberland; Yorkshire (?Bridlington.)
Fenwick, Johnston - Northumberland.
Dixon; Hutchinson - York.
Shaw - ? Glasgow

Offline Frosty142

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 29 September 17 12:56 BST (UK) »
I think the ornament was a lady holding a light bulb which could be turned on. A few years back I asked my aunt what happened to it and she said it was left there because the house they moved to was a bungalow duplex with no stairs. It may be something sheet  and Teddy bought, I don't remember.
I did send a private message to the person who posted the picture. Thank you for the guidance.

Offline Frosty142

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 30 September 17 22:07 BST (UK) »
I Just checked with one of my cousins and the people in the picture are as follows:
Three Ferrell sisters. Mary Davidson (nee Ferrell) on the left, Lettie & Jane Ferrell the last two on the right, and the two young girls are Jeannie and Isabella the daughters of Mary.
Sorry for earlier confusion.

I will scan another picture or two that I have and try and add them for interests sake if I can do so.