Author Topic: Kennedys Kyle of lochalch Scotland  (Read 7393 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Kennedys Kyle of lochalch Scotland
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 26 September 12 16:49 BST (UK) »
As Duncan died in New Zealand

(a) I don't think you can just download it like you could a Scottish one and

and (b) see http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,157902.0.html
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline reggit

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 October 12 02:21 BST (UK) »
looking for the parents of or any info for Kenneth Kennedy lived in 52 balallan Lochs, Ross approx 1760 was married to isabella mackenzie

Offline reggit

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 19 October 12 22:14 BST (UK) »
Looking for info on Ada Griffiths nee Kennedy last known location 4kings Road Otahuhu NZ 1978 was widow of the late Duncan kennedy

Offline kimmiee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 02 February 13 08:48 GMT (UK) »
The Kennedy's you are talking about are my family. Duncan and marion were my great great grandparents. Their daughter Flora married into Patersons, her oldest son Duncan was my mothers father. Flora Kennedy  was my great grandmother.

Your Duncan Kennedy did go to  where I am from. he owned the canteen for the navvies when they were building the blackwater reservoir and the smelter. He did leave his family , went to Australia then  had another family,
I am Kim , daughter of Joan (nee Paterson) and Jim  from . I have cousins from NZ who are still there, there names are ROSS, they are also grandchildren and great grandchildren , however they did not end up there because of family history or anything to do with Duncan.  please get in touch if you need to know anything .

regards

Offline drk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 October 14 00:06 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is David Robert Kennedy and Duncan Kennedy is my great grandfather. I have tried to search for him and Ada and did receive some death certificate's I think Duncan's is correct but not Ada's ,   is it true she lived to 105 also  did they have any children. If there is any info you could give me on Duncan and Ada that would be great and I can give you info from this side . Thank you . David 

Offline kimmiee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 November 14 22:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi David. I think we may be talking of the same person. I know my Duncan went to New Zealand and married and had another family. I don't know his new wife's name but I have a photo of him and a young woman , it might be Ada. Kim

Offline drk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 08 November 14 00:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi I believe it is the same Duncan there were 6 children Robert my great grand father also there was William, Flora, Sarah morag, Ann gant and Roderick. If have any pics you good send me that would be great. Thanks David

Offline kimmiee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 09 November 14 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello drk, yes definatley, Flora was my great grandmother. Duncan left the family , and his wife Marian in scotland and headed off. I dont know how to get a photo to you. I have some. I remember my granny Flora, she lived to 104 ,died when I was about 30,  I remember her sister Sarah, brother Roderick , I cant remember any of the others. I remember my uncle Bob,he had either one leg missing or two.I am unsure as to who he was as i was a very little girl when he died. Was that him? my email is kimmiees@hotmail.co.uk I also use facebook : kimmiee macgillivray . Its the only way I know to get any photos passed on. My goodness what a great surprise :)