Author Topic: Henry Bateman of Castle Bromwich' son  (Read 4025 times)

Offline sandiP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Bateman of Castle Bromwich' son
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 July 15 18:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Trees
I believe that your John Goldingay  is probably the son of John Goldingay 1778-1858 and his first wife Elizabeth Mould, who died before 1841 when he is named in the census as married to Hannah  who is however called Johanah  in his will. John & Elizabeth has the following children that I know Eleanor 1805 who married Thomas Smith. Susanna 1808 who married Edwin Waldron, George 1810 who married Mary Ann Edwards and John bapt 1825 who I don't know anything about.
I have been studying the Moulds & Goldingays of Castle Bromwich for many years.
If I can help any more please ask
SandiP

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 04 July 15 14:00 BST (UK) »
Hi first my apologies for not answering sooner i have been away from home.
Thank you for your information but I am not sure it is the correct john as Harriet's husband was 62 in 1881 ie born about 1819 and the one you mention was baptised  in 1825  Do you know if the baptism entry mention an age at the time of the baptism or were there any other family members baptised at the same time? Do you have any idea where John may have married Harriett WATTS nee Webster?
I now think my couple are on the 1861 Piece:    2162 Folio: 78 Page Number: 20
As John R Goldingay  age 43 (born 1818) Sparkbrook Harriet from Derbyshire with children Emily,Richard and Betsey all born( like me!) Castle Bromwich but they ARE with Susannah WALDRON b 1809 sister to John R which matches what you have for the family. So its the age of John that is the main problem  was he baptised late and why? love to share your thoughts on  this was the one baptised in 1825 given a second name beginning with R? I feel some more digging coming on
Glad to have a second pair of eyes on this one
 :)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline sandiP

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 07 July 15 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hi Trees : I have been away myself.
I have studied the Goldingays of Castle Bromwich until I am dizzy.   John is a very common name but not Susannah. I have found 2 . One was born in abt 1808 to John G and Elizabeth nee Mould and one in the 1841 census born in about 1826 living with John G & Hannah. I have never explored this line thoroughly as they are a side shoot of my line. I believe the the older Susannah married Edwin Waldron in 1834 and the younger married William Austin in 1846 in Aston.
I have not found a marriage between a John G and a Harriet anything
Keep on looking