Author Topic: Grangetown 1881 - 1911  (Read 10949 times)

Offline MarieP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Grangetown 1881 - 1911
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 03 November 12 00:38 GMT (UK) »
Jean,  thanks again for all the information and thughts on John & Mary's marriage.  I do agree, unfortunately.  Very iinteresting re the steel works and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.  Pleased you have climbed the Bridge.  I have also climbed it.  Great experience.

I won't take up any more of your time as I am sure you are very busy.  I have gained a lot of knowledge from the site "Grangetown in Times Past'.

Best wishes,
Marie  :)
Payne, Beaminster, Dorset
O'Brien, Moynoe, Clare, Ire
Kimber, Hampshire
Cracknell, Finchingfield, Essex
Moriarty, Cahirciveen, Kerry, Ire
Wedesweiler, Nassau, Germany
McInerney, Kilnoe, Clare
Long, Feenagh, Limerick, Ire
Fitzgerald, Ballingarry, Limerick, Ire
Candicks, Wiltshire
Taylor, Warminster, Wiltshire
Mattock, Wiltshire

Offline cdrinkhall

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 05 March 13 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Margaret OBrian married William H Watson from Grangetown unfortunatly he died in 1918 leaving Margaret with a small child.

Offline myfamhx

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 October 13 20:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Jeaner,
Just joined this forum as I was very intrigued to read of your dissertation. Looking at the dates of the posts it might be that you have finished it? I would be very interested to read it if that were possible. I have Irish ancestors on my mother's side who lived in Vaughan Street in 1901 and worked as a blastfurnace man. I found them 10 years earlier over in Cumberland, also working in the Ironworks there. They later emigrated to America. I would love to know some more about the history of Grangetown and would be fascinated to see any pictures of the place around the turn of the century.

I hope you still check this forum sometimes and will pick up this message. Would also be very interested to hear from anyone else that could offer some insights/photographs etc.

Offline ronnie1999

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 05 February 14 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeaner,
Just joined this forum as I was very intrigued to read of your dissertation. Looking at the dates of the posts it might be that you have finished it? I would be very interested to read it if that were possible. I have Irish ancestors on my mother's side who lived in Vaughan Street in 1901 and worked as a blastfurnace man. I found them 10 years earlier over in Cumberland, also working in the Ironworks there. They later emigrated to America. I would love to know some more about the history of Grangetown and would be fascinated to see any pictures of the place around the turn of the century.

I hope you still check this forum sometimes and will pick up this message. Would also be very interested to hear from anyone else that could offer some insights/photographs etc.

This is what you need to look at brilliant read about grangetown click on link enjoy

http://www.communigate.co.uk/ne/cardboardcity/

Also iff you have face book put in the search proud to be a grangetowner ask for ronnie

Offline jeaner

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 16 February 14 23:25 GMT (UK) »
myfamhx - I have sent you a personal message re your request. Sorry for the delay in replying.

Offline BSIGGYME

• RootsChat Extra
  • lollipop-people ar not just for christmas
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 03 September 14 20:28 BST (UK) »
this is a lovely little book you mite wont to look at ok  you can get it at all libraries

Offline Steve Todd

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 September 18 01:26 BST (UK) »
Anyone from Teesside or else where with a connection to Grangetown who wishes to join our well run community group. We have thousands of photos and topics to comment on. So feel free to find us on Facebook, under the title 'proud to be a Grangetowner ptbag'
I look forward to hearing from you and hope you join in.
Steve.