Author Topic: Bournemouth but where?  (Read 6176 times)

Offline 'Trish'

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bournemouth but where?
« on: Saturday 29 September 12 19:25 BST (UK) »
I have a photograph taken outside a house, and I am trying to work out what the name of the house is.  The name might be welsh, either V--pa, V--ra, W--pa or W--ra.  Can anyone help?
Fear, Puddy, Bunn, Hemsbury - Wedmore Somerset.  Watts - Romsey Hants, Frome Somerset, Warminster Wilts & Wokingham Berkshire.  Roberts - Newport, Stone Glos, Austin - Monmouth. Dix or Dicks - Frome. Pugh - Llanbrynmair, Trevithin & Tafolwern

Offline Richard Knott

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bournemouth but where?
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 30 September 12 15:24 BST (UK) »
A previous thread on the subject is here (although it does go off topic for a while):
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,427862.msg2934887.html#msg2934887

Richard
All the families I am researching are listed on the main page here:
www.64regencyancestors.com

Census: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline fizzix

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 07 October 12 16:44 BST (UK) »
It's all a bit of a guess but I personally think it's N and that it's not neccesarilly the first letter of the name as it could be hidden by the wall  ???
Good luck with this one.
Walls, James, Waterworth, Coram, Higman, Ecroyd, Battersby, Monk, Hine, Reid, Hancock, Glanville, Hudspith, McDonald, Podesta, Wyatt, Harrison, Scantlebury, Davey, Whiting, Edmonds, Glover, Donnithorne.

"All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Billyblue

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 October 12 05:10 BST (UK) »
I think the first letter is definitely NOT an N.  It's too slanty to go with the other straight up and down letters.  It looks like half a W, or maybe a V, to me.

And I agree with fizzix that it maybe is only part of the name that we can see, because of the angle.

Dawn M
Denys (France); Rossier/Rousseau (Switzerland); Montgomery (Antrim, IRL & North Sydney NSW);  Finn (Co.Carlow, IRL & NSW); Wilson (Leicestershire & NSW); Blue (Sydney NSW); Fisher & Barrago & Harrington(all Tipperary, IRL)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 October 12 17:37 BST (UK) »
Just a thought why not ask the Bournemouth Echo if they would be kind enough to publish it?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 December 14 19:02 GMT (UK) »
looks to me like one of the 1930s' houses along endsbury park road, my family ar one time lived along there when they came down from scotland initially to london then back to scotland then came down to bmth it was wallisdown road, then endsbury, then moorside road.
marcie
Scotlandorkney flett bell, strickland laird traillcalqahoun.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 26 December 14 14:33 GMT (UK) »
It could be any of those roads in that general area. I am as certain as possible that the first letter visible is not N The beginning of the name is obscured by the angle of the bay window. If still there by now the monkey puzzle tree would be gigantic.
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Just a thought why not ask the Bournemouth Echo if they would be kind enough to publish it?
good idea red roger. they may even have photos of that road in past memories of bmthwhich comes out on anniversaries' issues.
Lanark/Argyll/Renfrew/Ayr:Smith, Steele,Kirkwood,Hamilton,May,orO'mayscott and anderso, craig , forbes taggart Kirkwood, milloy and steel apart ftom others which are numerous, graham mcilroy. stewart.brown battonisle of sku rothsay etc.
 searl rogers sutherland
Edinburgh/Aberdeen:portsea marsh,brownwhittcomb and others. to numerous to mentionweymouth frank.  Laidlaw,Brown,Dean//Charles/Hall/Slight/Johnston belgium loquet

Offline marcie dean

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 06 January 15 20:10 GMT (UK) »
looks to me like one of the 1930s' houses along endsbury park road, my family ar one time lived along there when they came down from scotland initially to london then back to scotland then came down to bmth it was wallisdown road, then endsbury, then moorside road.doen near where the fairground used to come every year cant remember the namr of the area, used to have a good name for itself but nowadays is full of unwanted groups of people known as farmers?
marcie
 searl rogers sutherland