Author Topic: Wayham's in Warwickshire  (Read 4970 times)

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wayham's in Warwickshire
« Reply #18 on: Monday 08 October 12 22:48 BST (UK) »
Found this
1884 Spennell's Directory of Leamington
John Wayham Needle M
William Wayham Needle M

National Probate Calender
William Weyham
died 15 August 1893 Warwickshire
Probate 14 September 1893 Administrative place  - Birmingham
To Hannah Weyham - widow
Effects 116 pounds and 5 shillings.

Offline Emilinie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 13 November 12 22:57 GMT (UK) »
Right so Sidney Alexander Wayham was born in Sep 1850 and lived for at least the first ten years of his life in Willenhall... appearing in the cenus there with his grandparents Thomas and Mary Ann Hill in 1861. He then vanishes and Sidney Hill appears and lists himself on the census's with his 'wife' who was actually just the lady he lived with until 1901. In order to make sure Sidney Wayham is indeed the Sidney that turns into Sidney Hill and has a variety of offspring with his girlfriend Jane Baker, most of which they give the middle name Hill i need to find a death record for Sidney between 1901 and 1911 as by 1911 Jane who he had always listed as his 'wife' Jane Hill becomes Jane Baker again and is a 'widower'. ?!?  ???

If you are still keeping up (which i struggle with to be honest  ;D) i am trying to locate a death for Sidney in the Willenhall/Wolverhampton/Walsall area in that 10 year period. I know they had always lied on census's prior to that date about their marital status etc... but i am really hoping this one isn't a lie. However if his real name is Sidney Wayham... i am (as i think someone already pointed out) struggling with a variety of mispellings (or maybe correct spellings  ???) of the name Wayham. I have tried Wheyham, Weyham, Wareham and as many others as i could think of.. but am still coming up with zilch!!

Any and all help is much appreciated?!?!?  :)

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 06:02 GMT (UK) »
1851 HO107 piece 2020 folio 179 page 15
Walsall Street
Thomas Hill 46 locksmith Willenhall
Maryann Hill 42 Willenhall
Joseph Hill 15 son Willenhall
Mary J Hill 12 dau Willenhall
Clara Hill 2 dau Willenhall
William Wareham 22 son in law labourer Studley warwickshire
Hannah Wareham 21 wife Willenhall
Sidney A W Wareham 6 months son Willenhall
Sidney Alexander 41 lodger saddler Willenhall
William Alexander 32 lodger saddler Willenhall.

The enumerator has got it wrong having Hannah as wife, obviously of William, but she should be down as dau of Thomas and Sidney should be down as grandson

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 06:26 GMT (UK) »
I can't find a death for Sidney and I have used just his first name and birthdate without putting in initials or place of death. Nothing under Hill or variations of Weyham. Bah.

However looking at all the censuses for the Hills and Weyhams I agree with your theory that Sidney adopted his grandparents surname. So many of the children's names are repeated through the family. eg Clara, and the birth places are consistent.

Oh, Just noticed the surname of the lodgers in 1851. I wonder if this is where Sidney got his middle name of Alexander?

Offline Emilinie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 20:13 GMT (UK) »
I am glad someone else agrees with my theory to be honest  :)
But unless i can find something concrete.. it remains just a theory. I am going to try and head to Walsall Archives at some point as they have cemetary records there for a place that was literally just round the corner from where they all lived in Willenhall.
And yes... Alexander. As it turns out the lodger's were Thomas Hill's brother in laws. His wife Mary Ann was originally Mary Ann Alexander. So i think it stands a chance.  ;D
I might look on ancestry for the will mentioned as well.. and see if it makes reference to Sidney. It would seem he was born before William and Hannah married, but as i have his birth certifcate i can definately say they told the person doing the certificate that they were married. I have no idea how that would have worked then  ???.

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 20:44 GMT (UK) »
You will only find the probate record online, at ancestry. For the will itself you will have to contact the Probate Office, so The national Archives web site says. :)  I always find TNA a messy site to move around.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/records/looking-for-person/willafter1858.htm

Offline MargP

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Three generations
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 21:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi

If it is Administration, there is no Will, and will  give you no more information, other  than what as already been posted

Margp
Family History is a Pandora's box if you don't like what you see find a new hobby,only concentrate on the proven facts and not the facts you think you know.
Jenkins, Radnorshire. Herefordshire, Canada
Coley Dudley.
Baston, Cleobury Mortimer.Wolverhampton
Parker Stafford.
Hammond/s Wolverhampton.Shropshire
Duckworth Cheshire.
Proud Walsall.Proud Cape South Africa
Horton Darlaston.
Stanton Walsall.
Tudor. Radnorshire
Pittaway. Droitwich

Offline Emilinie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 14 November 12 21:44 GMT (UK) »
never mind then! thank you marg.
i am at a total loss on other ways to prove my theory so ideas are welcome  ???  ???
much appreciated.

Offline Sue McKoy nee Chesshire

• RootsChat Extra
  • Addicted to Genealogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 16 July 18 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,
I have on the Chesshire family tree in ancestry which is public, the details of William Weyham M Hannah Hill and having Sidney Alexander Weyham etc. Please feel free to check in out.
Kind regards
Sue McKoy nee Chesshire
Turner, Challis, Grandfield, Granfield Lawton, Chesshire, Brown, Nunn, Prince, Firman, Greygoose, Omond, Murphy, Bellamy, Thacker, McBride, Antoine, Antonio, Walker, Bennie and McDougall