Author Topic: James Ruddy married to Bridget Barrett (Srahgraddy Bangor)  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Gaillimh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James Ruddy married to Bridget Barrett (Srahgraddy Bangor)
« on: Friday 05 October 12 17:14 BST (UK) »
Just wondering if anyone has any info. On this family? They married in 1892. I'm looking to go back further if possible.  I know Bridget Barrett's parents were John Barrett and Anne ? (don't know maiden name). Beyond this I can't trace...I need James Ruddy's parents and further back and more info. on Bridget Barrett's parents and further back.Many thanks

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • SWilson Roots
Re: James Ruddy married to Bridget Barrett (Srahgraddy Bangor)
« Reply #1 on: Friday 05 October 12 17:45 BST (UK) »
a good place to start would be the marriage cert - should give you current residences for James and Bridget, and also their father's names and occupations.

There's a possible cross match to the details you mentioned in Belmullet district as follows :

Name: James Ruddy
  Registration district: Belmullet
  Event type: Marriage
  Quarter and year: Jan-Mar 1892
  Volume : 4 / Page:   39

A Bridget Barrett is listed with the same references, so possible cross match...

see : Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon
        Details included on a Marriage Cert

Shane

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • SWilson Roots
« Reply #2 on: Friday 05 October 12 17:49 BST (UK) »
1911 Census for reference - the townland is Srahgraddy, civil parish of Kilcommon, PLU/Registration District of Belmullet :

Ruddy household

and 1901, in the same townland with Bridget's parents :

Barrett/Ruddy household

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • SWilson Roots
« Reply #3 on: Friday 05 October 12 18:01 BST (UK) »
based on Bridget's age on the census returns there are two possible matches for her birth in extracted records that might be worth checking out - see :

Bridget Barrett - births 1866 to 1871

If Bridget was born in the same general area as they appear in 1901/1911, then the birth with the mother's maiden surname of O Boyle, looks promising, as it's in the sub-district of Bangor, so probably related to the Electoral district of the same name mentioned on the census returns.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
    • SWilson Roots
« Reply #4 on: Friday 05 October 12 18:14 BST (UK) »
There's a Barbara Barrett listed in the same townland on Griffith's Valuation dated 1855.... A possible relation to Bridget ?

See : Srahgraddy townland valuation

No sign of any Ruddy households in the townland at that time, but there are a number in the same civil parish :

see : Ruddy, Kilcommon civil parish, Co. Mayo

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline darty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 31 October 16 21:44 GMT (UK) »
My relations lived next door to the ruddy their name. Gallagher I got some info on them lok forward to hearing from you   Jill nee gallagher