Re: COFFEY
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 11 October 12 04:17 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

1875 Grevilles PO Directory
At PENRITH:
Michael COFFEE, farmer, Frogmore
Patrick COFFEE, farmer, Frogmore
William COFFEE, farmer, Proctor lane

Cheers,  JM    (off to make a cuppa .... coffee   :) )
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 11 October 12 04:31 BST (UK) »
Well, for a start I can tell you that the immigration info for Patrick and Catherine on the Commodore Perry does not tally with them being the parents of these three girls.

Patrick states that he has no relatives in the colony, and Catherine states that she has two brothers, Henry and Ralph, at St. Mary's, South Creek.  Her maiden surname is NASH.

It seems a bit odd that they would not mention their daughters, but a death cert. may confirm the names of all their children.

Henry and Ralph NASH arrived together on the Forth (1) in 1830.  They were tried at Tipperary in 1829 for manslaughter and both were serving a 7 year sentence.

Debra  :)

May I please add

Commodore Perry to Sydney arriving 1 May 1856.
COFFEY family
Patrick ( 50), Catherine (45), William (22), Honora (16), Patrick (14), John (12), James (10) - all of Limerick.
Also on that same passenger list
NASH family
James (30), Catherine (31) Michael (7), Bridget (5), Mary (2), - all of Limerick

The passenger list is free to search at the following link
http://www.records.nsw.gov.au/state-archives/guides-and-finding-aids/nrs-lists/nrs-5316#the-list-of-ships

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   

Offline Marilyn1511

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 October 12 09:20 BST (UK) »
Not sure how to reply to individual postings.   But a big thank you to all those who answered the post.

:)  Marilyn

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 11 October 12 09:29 BST (UK) »
 :)  :)  :) You don't need to reply to each individual post, but it is great to know you appreciate the replies.

I am sure that each of us is happy to read your post, and know that you appreciate the info. 

I am also sure that we would love to know which bits you would like any futher efforts to concentrate on, and if you think we are "on track" .... 

Many cheers,  JM

Offline Marilyn1511

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 11 October 12 09:39 BST (UK) »
I do know that Patrick died in Greendale and Hugh was born in Greendale. NSW.

Offline Marilyn1511

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 11 October 12 09:41 BST (UK) »
Bridget's parents were Catherine NASH and Patrick.   Patrick died in Cargo, NSW in 1872

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 11 October 12 09:45 BST (UK) »
Bridget's parents were Catherine NASH and Patrick.   Patrick died in Cargo, NSW in 1872

May I ask a rather direct question ..... which document/s the info comes from please.   

Cheers,  JM

Offline Marilyn1511

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 11 October 12 10:00 BST (UK) »
No documents - just family talk.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 12 October 12 06:04 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

I cannot find a likely marriage for your Catherine NASH and Patrick COFFEY. 

I think you may need to spend some pennies and order a certificate or two, or at least contact St Nicholas' church at Penrith to see if they have further details for the marriage of 1860 of Bridget Coffey.  I don't think you can establish Bridget's details without knowing what information Bridget herself provided when she was getting married.

You can save yourself a lot of fruitless effort and avoid searching along the wrong tracks if you can gather all the info that Bridget provided in 1860.

Cheers,  JM