Author Topic: just a longshot  (Read 4166 times)

Offline john dowling

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
just a longshot
« on: Monday 15 October 12 21:37 BST (UK) »
hi all  this is a stab in the dark

i am looking for a john dowling born in ireland in 1809 could be tramore county of waterford??  [his father could be joseph dowling?]   john married elizabeth bartholomew in kensington 1844 he died in 1851[ i have checked these facts] they had four children...  is there records or things that go that far back.. the info on john born in ireland was taken from another tree i e-mailed them but have had no reply

many thanks
                                         john dowling         

ps would his marriage certificate give me any details.... father.mother ?           

had a reply

Hi My cousin found him in the days before it was all on-line so I think it is from the Metropolitan Archive. Sorry I can't be more specific, however she is very careful and includes nothing that she has not checked. My mother talked of her aunts on the Dowling side going to Ireland to visit relatives and they sent her a postcard from Tramore so we think the Dowlings came from County Waterford. Susan

dowlings middlesex
mcgrath

Offline amyfitzpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: just a longshot
« Reply #1 on: Monday 13 February 17 16:10 GMT (UK) »
hi all  this is a stab in the dark

i am looking for a john dowling born in ireland in 1809 could be tramore county of waterford??  [his father could be joseph dowling?]   john married elizabeth bartholomew in kensington 1844 he died in 1851[ i have checked these facts] they had four children...  is there records or things that go that far back.. the info on john born in ireland was taken from another tree i e-mailed them but have had no reply

many thanks
                                         john dowling         

ps would his marriage certificate give me any details.... father.mother ?           

had a reply

Hi My cousin found him in the days before it was all on-line so I think it is from the Metropolitan Archive. Sorry I can't be more specific, however she is very careful and includes nothing that she has not checked. My mother talked of her aunts on the Dowling side going to Ireland to visit relatives and they sent her a postcard from Tramore so we think the Dowlings came from County Waterford. Susan

I'm related to the Dowling family from County Waterford - do you have any more info? I'd be happy to share what I have on the family.
Fitzpatrick and Dowling, Waterford (Ireland)

Offline john dowling

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 13 February 17 19:49 GMT (UK) »
hi amy I am john dowling I stay in Scotland eldest of 9     7 lads  2 sis I managed to get john dowlings m.c he was married in 1844 in hamersmith London   name of father on mc was joseph dowling its different in Scotland the mother and father names are added on b.c so can be tracked a lot easier I have managed to track some of his brothers and sisters but no closer to finding joseph

thanks john
dowlings middlesex
mcgrath

Offline amyfitzpatrick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 14 February 17 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi John,

There are Dowlings from Waterford, but I can't seem to find a John Dowling born in 1809.
Do you have any more information?
Fitzpatrick and Dowling, Waterford (Ireland)

Offline healyjfch

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 15 February 17 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Have you tried variations of the surname in your searches.
Some Dowlings were recorded as Doolan on Baptism register in Co. Kilkenny
Worth a try.
Tramore gets visitors from all over. The name Tramore means Large beach in Irish Gaeilge