Author Topic: Norway - A LINDAHL born 1883  (Read 2456 times)

Offline kaysii

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Norway - A LINDAHL born 1883
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 10 November 12 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm a bit confused. I think it's more likely with a name like Albert Clarence, that he was born outside Scandinavia and you are better looking for his father being born there. You say that he was 4 years in Wellington before his marriage, could he have been born there?

You have mentioned that his father's name is Nikoli but say elsewhere that the initials were Mr H Lindal. What father's name does he give on both of his marriage certificates?? Do you know Albert's or his father's occupation from these? You might be better looking for his father.

Offline DonL

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Albert Clarence & Rosie Lindale with daughters
    • View Profile
Re: Norway - A LINDAHL born 1883
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 10 November 12 21:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi, it is Albert's father I am looking for. Albert's first marriage in 1908 indicated that his father's name was Harry and that both Albert and his father were plasterers. In 1942 when he remarried his father is shown as Nicoli and his father's profession as Hotel Keeper. Albert was known unoficially as Harry throughout his life in NZ but on official records like Electoral Rolls, Army Reserve, marriage documents etc he was officaially Albert Clarence LINDALE. Harry is a common nickname down under - The only time there was a different name was on the publicly annouced wedding notice where both his and his father's name were spelt as LINDHAL.
There is no record of Albert being born in New Zealand and the only Lindale's in the Birth, Death and marriage records are all directly related to Albert.
Both his marriage document have him as being born in New South Wales, where so far I have not found any records in his Lindale or Lindhal names.
So for me he continues as a complete mystery.

Regards
DonL
04/12/1938 - Jan 16th 2021
Lindale/Lindhal/Lindahl - Scandanavia - Denmark- Sweden
Olsen ,Christiansen - Norway
Bergstrom, Lamberg, Pasche- Sweden
Crundwell,Myers,Wilson -UK
Byrne,Miskelly,McGrevy,McGreavy, McGreevy -Ireland
Swanson, Newman
Chrestenson,Whitmore
St Romain//de St Romain,Nozace-Reunion
de Silva -Argentina, The Philippines