Author Topic: Josephine Haveron (Larne)  (Read 8003 times)

Offline John McCrea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Josephine Haveron (Larne)
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 October 12 18:38 BST (UK) »
When I suggested contacting the cemetery again I meant the Council offices that have the cemetery records. When you got in touch again did you ask them to confirm if the records they previous gave were in chronological order?

The usual place to find details of suicides in in the newspaper- the public are always fascinated by such events (as long as it's not their family) and often there would have been a full report in the paper at the time.

Hi aghadowey,
As yet I have not contacted Larne Council to ask if they are in chronological order, but I will do soon.

As for newspapers, I have been in touch with Larne Library and she searched two weeks either side of the date that I gave her, but she could not find any thing, she did however suggest that it may have been in another newspaper, but I can't remember what one at the moment, I know she searches the Larne Times.
John.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 26 October 12 17:15 BST (UK) »
It's unlikely that the family would have put a death notice in the local newspaper but it a report about her being missing , body being found and/or inquest details that you would expect to find published.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline monicabuzbee

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 09 September 15 04:32 BST (UK) »
In my tree I may have a Sarah HAVERON m. Robert BARKLIE of Larne & Inver.  (Both born around 1790-ish).  I'm curious if the Patrick Haveron in Sheriff's Land in 1900 (and your Josephine who shows up in his household in 1910) might be related.  It's a curiosity as I had kin living at #6 Sheriff's Land 33 years before your Patrick resided there in 1901.  We know from a Griffith's Valuation entry that Eliza McBride Curran was a resident there until about 1868.  Her son Samuel Curran, was married to a Sarah Brickley.  A researcher with whom I worked last year has hypothesized that Sarah was actually a Barklie and not a Brickley and that she may have been one of the children of Robert Barklie and Sarah Haveron, born 12 Nov 1823.  The baptisms of several other children of Robert and Sarah were also registered in the Inver Church of Ireland records.  (I hope this is not too convoluted...I'm happy to clarify).

I look forward to sharing info with you.

Regards,
Monica

Offline littlecot

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 06 March 17 10:20 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a Josephine Haveron born Larne about 1922. Her mother was Christine who died when Josephine was born. Her father was called Joe and he worked at the weaving factory. Josephine had a aunt Ellie/Ella who had 13 children, two died. The youngest was called Jacqueline, there was an Adam, Bernard and Jack. Ellie/Ella married a Jack Bone/Bowen(not sure if that is spelt correctly) Josephine also had an aunt Josephine who died when young. She may be related to this  Josephine. Her grandmother was called Sarah who brought her up. Sarah was found dead on the beach in Larne.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 12 March 17 11:17 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a Josephine Haveron born Larne about 1922. Her mother was Christine who died when Josephine was born. Her father was called Joe and he worked at the weaving factory. Josephine had a aunt Ellie/Ella who had 13 children, two died. The youngest was called Jacqueline, there was an Adam, Bernard and Jack. Ellie/Ella married a Jack Bone/Bowen(not sure if that is spelt correctly) Josephine also had an aunt Josephine who died when young. She may be related to this  Josephine. Her grandmother was called Sarah who brought her up. Sarah was found dead on the beach in Larne.

Birth for a Joseph Haveron (parents William & Sarah) in 1886- could this be the 'Joe' in your post?
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1886/02596/1958907.pdf

Or is the grandmother Sarah the mother of Christine?

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 12 March 17 11:33 GMT (UK) »
Ellie/Ella married a Jack Bone/Bowen(not sure if that is spelt correctly)

Larne Times has a November 1940 Death Notice for a Patrick Haveron of 52 Glynn Road, husband of the late Sarah Haveron (she died 2nd July. 1935). The notice was put in by his daughter and son-in-law, Ella and Jack Bowen of 6 Queen Street.

Another memorial notice for this couple mentions their son, Ernie and a daughter-in-law, of same address.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline scotmum

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • A tree full of life, a life full of branches!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 12 March 17 11:41 GMT (UK) »
There was an inquest held in 1935 for a Sarah Haveron of Glynn Road, who apparently took ill and died at the beach. This was reported in the Larne Times of 6 July.
"Trees without roots fall over!"

""People who never look backward to their ancestors will never look forward to posterity." - Edmund Burke

Don't just wait for the storm to pass, learn to dance in the rain.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Be curious and however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.”  Stephen Hawking

In a world where you can be anything, be kind .

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 12 March 17 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Brilliant finds- dates make all the difference in finding correct family!

1911 census- Patrick & Sarah Haveron with 9 children- married 19 years but 2 children died before 1911:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Larne/Glynn_Road/195438

1901 census rather puzzling as 2 eldest children not listed:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Kilwaughter/Sherriffsland/995211

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 12 March 17 12:01 GMT (UK) »
Getting a bit stranger  :-\

Son Thomas Alexander George Charles born 1907 (age 4 in 1911) parents Patrick Haveron & Sara Hamill-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1907/01680/1668284.pdf

but Patrick & Sarah didn't marry until 1900!
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1900/10333/5761916.pdf