Author Topic: Josephine Haveron (Larne)  (Read 8004 times)

Offline liscoole

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Mary Hall nee Nevins 28-9-1914 - 16-3-2011
    • View Profile
Re: Josephine Haveron (Larne)
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 14:33 BST (UK) »
As I said the information was irrelevant and incorrect- that was why it was deleted. I stand by that.
MAGEE (Dungannon Tyrone to Shankill Belfast, to Whitehouse Co Antrim,) HALL (Lisnaskea, Fermanagh to Yan Yean, Melbourne Australia) McIVOR (Whitehouse, Co Antrim), McCULLOUGH (Markethill, Armagh), DEMPSTER (Ballymena, Co Antrim to Belfast), CUMMING (Glasgow), EVANS (Llandysill, Montgomeryshire to Belfast), NEVIN/ NEVINS (Ballynahinch, Co Down to Belfast), EMMS (Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey), HURREY (Yan Yean, Whittlesea, Melbourne), FINLAY- Jane, of Co Down, m James McIvor 1867. HOBSON Tyrone

Offline Elwyn Soutter

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 15:58 BST (UK) »
I ordered her death certificate from Belfast taking off a few days for the death date to be about 17th July, Today I received a letter back from Belfast saying that no certificate can be found!!
Can anybody help as to where I can go now?
would I be able to get any sort of coroners report on her death?
If so, where do I obtain this?

You have obviously been in touch with GRONI in Belfast. Their fee for a certificate on a known date and place is £14. As I understand it, if that date is inaccurate for any reason, they don’t search for the correct date. They simply write to say there was no record found. You might therefore have got a no certificate found response for that reason. If you want them to search around to find the correct date, then according to their website, it costs £6 for each 5 year period. Assuming you haven’t already done so, you might want to consider asking for that service?

PRONI hold papers on inquests. According to their e-catalogue, those for Co Antrim for the years 1891 – 1981 appear to be held in a series with a filing ref: ANT/6/1. There also appear to have been inquests in Carrickfergus which had a separate reference series. You would need to check out the PRONI records to see which is the right series. Some of the files are marked as closed to the public.
Elwyn

Offline maura08

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 16:58 BST (UK) »
If she drown in Larne, her body could of washed up anywhere along the coast, my great uncle drown in Belfast Lough, but his body washed up in Portavogie, his death was registered in Newtonards.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 18:23 BST (UK) »
Good point, Maura. I searched Scotland's People death index to see if her body might have been found in Scotland but no results for a Josephine Haveron (any date).

I think it would be useful to contact the cemetery again and ask if the entry for Josephine appears chronologically in their register.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline TheWhuttle

• RootsChat Senior
  • How many boys?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 19:28 BST (UK) »
I've seen "maritime" deaths collated together at the end of a quarter's worth of entries.  So outwith the normal strict date sequence in the register.

This observation is from 1887 in the (old-UK) Dublin registers.
Not sure if it would apply to 1924 in the (new-UK) Belfast registers.

Capt. Jock
WHITTLEY - Donegore, Ballycraigy, Newtownards, Guernsey, PALI
WHITTLE - Dublin, Glenavy, Muckamore, Belfast; Jamaica; Norfolk (Virginia), Baltimore (Maryland), New York
CHAINE - Ballymena, Muckamore, Larne
EWART, DEWART - Portglenone, Ballyclare
McAFEE, WALKER - Ballyrashane

"You can't give kindness away enough, it keeps coming back to you."
Mark Twain (aka Samuel CLEMENTS) [Family origins from Ballynure, Co. Antrim.]

Offline John McCrea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 22:46 BST (UK) »
TheWhuttle

Many thanks for your reply, I did today telephone Belfast Reg office and they confirm that her death was not registered, as they searched again as I was talking to them.
I asked about a coroners report? so I phoned the coroners office only to be told that they don't hold records going back that far. I ended up at PRONI, and now have put a request in for a coroners report of her death if one is available.

John

Offline John McCrea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 22:51 BST (UK) »
Good point, Maura. I searched Scotland's People death index to see if her body might have been found in Scotland but no results for a Josephine Haveron (any date).

I think it would be useful to contact the cemetery again and ask if the entry for Josephine appears chronologically in their register.

aghadowey,

Thanks once again for your help.

You say that it may be useful to contact the cemetery again? I did not get this information from the cemetery itself, but the Council Office, would they be able to help me with what you suggest?

John.

Offline John McCrea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 23:00 BST (UK) »

Not sure if I posted a reply to this "Wrong"? to aghadowey I can only say sorry.... it's late!!!!
I did however forget to mention that I too have searched Scotlandspeople for her death, only because one for her brothers ended up in Greenock where he died in 1963. that's another problem as I can't find a marriage for him & his wife Isabella!! but I will sort that out later.
John.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 24 October 12 23:24 BST (UK) »
When I suggested contacting the cemetery again I meant the Council offices that have the cemetery records. When you got in touch again did you ask them to confirm if the records they previous gave were in chronological order?

The usual place to find details of suicides in in the newspaper- the public are always fascinated by such events (as long as it's not their family) and often there would have been a full report in the paper at the time.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!