Author Topic: Denby family, Snaith to America?  (Read 4088 times)

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Denby family, Snaith to America?
« Reply #9 on: Friday 26 October 12 21:48 BST (UK) »
Just in case you haven't tracked this down yet:-

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ilmaga/macoupin/1891bios/denby.html

A number of sources say that brothers Peter,William and Thomas emigrated,though only William and Peter appear on the Waverley in 1834.
The Thomas who dies in the Civil War is Peter's son born 1839.

Regards
Roger

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 26 October 12 23:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Many thanks for the above information, Roger, I will look at the links over the weekend and hopefully add more evidence to my quest, many thanks to you for taking the time to post your findings. As I have said in earlier posts I cannot thank forum members enough for there help and advice when I have needed guidance.
Best regards always, jess. :) :) :)
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands

Offline PDB1945

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 10 October 17 21:08 BST (UK) »
Your theory is correct. A few Denbys emigrated to America in 1834ish and settled in carlinville in Illinois. We have had contact with them in the 70's via Don Burke Denby and his wife Vaughty visited my parents and my parents made a return visit.

a web search for don burke denby carlinville illinois will reveal the offspring Don and Vaughty are sadly deceased but a don burk denby Jr is listed in carlinville with phone number but he will be in his 80's but he may be able to put you in touch with other relatives.

Offline jess5athome

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad,20/10/1934 - 27/07/2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 11 October 17 12:24 BST (UK) »
Hi PDB1945, Welcome to RootsChat  :) my connection to the Denby's is via my maternal grandmother, her mother was Mary Eliza Denby, the daughter of captain William Denby and Mary Moody of Goole.

Many thanks for that information, it's very much appreciated.

Frank.
Ramsey Ridsdale Ridgway Kempen Knight Harrison Denby Sisson Graney Spilsbury Wain Hebden Abbott Skinn ........ Yorkshire (Doncaster Goole Snaith Thorne area)Lincolnshire Nottinghamshire The Netherlands