Author Topic: Layton (Laiton) from Hutton Rudby Yorkshire back 1590s  (Read 2613 times)

Offline GerriB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Layton (Laiton) from Hutton Rudby Yorkshire back 1590s
« on: Tuesday 23 October 12 23:03 BST (UK) »
I started tracing our family tree back and my uncle worked on it visiting various records offices.  I thought I would post here and ask if anyone has the last two Layton (wrote down Laiton sometimes) in anything they have traced back.

The end of our tree is:-

Charles Laiton (Layton) of Hutton Rudby Yorkshire married to Marye Milner in 1594 who had two sons... Sir Thomas (my line) and Sir Robert.

Sir Thomas Laiton (Layton) born 1597 in Hutton Rudby  Yorkshire who married a Mary Fayrfax on 8th June 1613.

Thats the end of our tree - is amazing we got all that way back.  If anyone has those Laiton (Layton) in their tree plz post.

Many thanks
Gerri

Offline Max1960

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Layton (Laiton) from Hutton Rudby Yorkshire back 1590s
« Reply #1 on: Friday 28 April 17 08:06 BST (UK) »

Hi GerriB

I was just searching for info about my family tree and found your post.. from a while ago. If you are still looking for info i have lots of stuff about the Laton, Layon etc Family i have attached a page that i used to add some to my family.. These Laytons lived at Dalemain Dacre & Greystoke  in Cumbria. I hope this is of some use to you ohh and this family did originate in Laton in Yorkshire   so they could be linked to you too.

Regards Max1960