Author Topic: Edmund Wright & Margaret Herbert of Holkham, Norfolk marriage lookup  (Read 1495 times)

Offline discovery

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Edmund Wright & Margaret Herbert of Holkham, Norfolk marriage lookup
« on: Thursday 25 October 12 03:52 BST (UK) »
Dear Rootschatters,

I am trying to find the marriage and parents of the above couple. Edmund was born c 1750 (Possibly the son of John Wright of Stanhoe, who married Anne Temple). He became a bailiff for Thomas William Coke at Holkham and was buried at Holkham with a very flattering inscription on his gravestone (possibly paid for by Thomas). His wife was Margaret Herbert, also buried at Holkham, in 1838. She was born c1761. They had one child that I know of, Charles  Temple Wright, (1795-1858), who married Frances Leeds. There are other Leeds-Temple marriages so she may be one of the Whitwell Leeds.

Thanks for your help,

Sue Bramley

Offline berkeley

• RootsChat Senior
  • HMS Berkeley-Dieppe-Aug-19-1942
    • View Profile
Re: Edmund Wright & Margaret Herbert of Holkham, Norfolk marriage lookup
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 00:16 GMT (UK) »
        Hi Sue, I used the free voucher for FindMyPast to find their marriage in the county of Middlesex
       Edmund Wright of the parish of Holkham Norfolk 9/10/1793 to Margaret Herbert of the
       parish of St James, Piccadilly in the parish of St James The Less, Thorndike Street.
       by licence from the Archbishop of Canterbury.....source Westminster marriages-transcripts
        The original image gives witnesses as Elizabeth Herbert & what looks like M or N Herbert.
        I did  not find another birth, other than Charles in Holkham in 1795.
        I guess Margaret was a servant at the Hall, from London ???
        I hope this helps & someone can take this further....Dave

Offline discovery

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Edmund Wright & Margaret Herbert of Holkham, Norfolk marriage lookup
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 January 14 02:52 GMT (UK) »
Dear Dave,

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your looking the marriage up. It is great to have another piece in the puzzle. It is a great help and will help me to know where to look.

Regards,
Sue