Author Topic: Nolan-Cahill/ Gibson-Bridgid Toole  (Read 7549 times)

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Nolan-Cahill/ Gibson-Bridgid Toole
« Reply #9 on: Friday 23 January 15 14:19 GMT (UK) »
Barb, the registers between 1813-1825 are not microfilmed in the National Library. They appear to be missing which is such a shame. I will ask the library to see if there may be some evidence of them elsewhere but the odds are slim. Quite a few of the records are either missing or totally illegible for that time period. I have transcribed as many of the marriages as I could read of the Borris parish register from 1792 onwards. In saying that many people will still wind up disappointed to not find their own families. My understanding is that they want to digitise the registers but when that will happen is anyones guess. Kim

Offline FBI47

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 25 January 15 17:24 GMT (UK) »
You are a saint for transcribing that information for others.  I looked through the Borris/Myshall registers; it was depressing to say the least and almost impossible to read many of the entries.
I don't know what parish holds these (Borris) registers, but is it possible to contact the parish just to see if the records exist?  If they don't exist, at least everyone would know.  I would gladly do it if I knew who it was

Thanks again
Barb
Byrne, Jordan, Neville, Codd (Wexford), Hackett (Dublin) Kidney, McNamara, Driscoll (Cork) Cleary & Hogan (Offaly and Tipperary) Finnerty (Roscommon)

Offline greeneyedgirl

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 26 January 15 10:22 GMT (UK) »
barb, I will be going down to the Carlow Library in the next week or so and will find out what the story is as to the parish registers and let you know. Kim