Author Topic: Herbert\World\Basford Family bible  (Read 6744 times)

Offline kostote

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Herbert\World\Basford Family bible
« on: Thursday 01 November 12 14:47 GMT (UK) »
I have it and as far as I can see the family - first name in is Herbert - come from around Gloucestershire.

Offline Stoppy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert\World\Basford Family bible
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 02:46 BST (UK) »
Hello Kostote,

Just joined the website, and I realize that this thread was started a LONG time ago.  It's probably likely you no longer have the family Bible, but I have a ton of Herberts from the Gloucestershire area in my tree.  Mostly the Cheltenham area.  Are there any first names/dates mentioned?  Perhaps verify if it's the same family or not... probably not, being a common name and all!

All the best,
Stoppy!

Offline kostote

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Herbert\World\Basford Family bible
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 April 17 09:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Stoppy,
I'd forgotten all about that message...yes, I still have the bible but I'm guessing it isn't going to go back as far as you're (maybe) expecting.

The bible was given to my grandmother, Florence World, by her mother in 1912.

The first name in it is William Pumfrey Herbert - born June 1st 1820 and he married Harriet Dolman, born July 16th 1829...they married in Cheltenham December 16th 1850.

There are a few names of children in there but two or three have been deleted. Apparently, (according to my father), he came home one day to find my grandmother busy with an eraser.  Maybe this has something to do with the fact that my grandmother was illegitimate.

The list of marriages stop with the my parents and my fathers' siblings.

There aren't many death mentioned and they stop with Susan Unity Fluck in November 1945.

So, over to you - all the best,

Mike
Mike