Author Topic: Not neccesarily Scottish Garrett/Quinn  (Read 3632 times)

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
Re: Not neccesarily Scottish Garrett/Quinn
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 November 12 18:05 GMT (UK) »
The online tree I saw was on a/try, searching for parents William and mother Mary Quinn. You need a subs to access this side of a/try.

On this, John's death year is given as 1885, matching what you have.

Mention here of the Garretts Poplar Hotel, of which John was supposed to be hotelkeeper http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?l-publictag=Kevington&q&l-title=112

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 November 12 00:13 GMT (UK) »
I had a look at this tree on Mundia,  I dont think this is the correct John Garrett,  even though the person has William and Mary as the parents I think this is incorrect.

I found a death notice on trove Re: John passing away at his brothers home in Richmond, This would be his brother Robert as Robert did in fact live in Richmond at some stage.
It also gives his age as 63 in the notice as on Grave.  So This John would have been born 1822-23.

The online tree I saw was on a/try, searching for parents William and mother Mary Quinn. You need a subs to access this side of a/try.

On this, John's death year is given as 1885, matching what you have.

Mention here of the Garretts Poplar Hotel, of which John was supposed to be hotelkeeper http://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/result?l-publictag=Kevington&q&l-title=112

Monica
DEWSTOWE/DUSTOW, WADE, REED, ROGERS, GARRETT, HAY, KERR, BAS-TED HUSBAND  COOKE/COOK, GOWER, JEFFREYS,DAVIES, OATES or OATS, , GREASLEY/GREASLY, BIRD, BOSWELL, WILLEY, WHEADON, PARKER, ABBOTT?(maybe not related), JONES, QUINN, SCOTT, ISBESTER or ISBISTER?, LLOYD, RICHARDS, WHETTALL
Names come from Redruth, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland and possibly Ireland. And other parts of England.
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 09 November 12 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Ah, 63 not 53. Certainly then takes John birth to around the early to mid 1820s. Frustrating re info so far :-\

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 10 November 12 01:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Monica,

I will ponder through some more records and I will speak to the other person re: that tree and see what info he has that links my John to his John.

Floozy
DEWSTOWE/DUSTOW, WADE, REED, ROGERS, GARRETT, HAY, KERR, BAS-TED HUSBAND  COOKE/COOK, GOWER, JEFFREYS,DAVIES, OATES or OATS, , GREASLEY/GREASLY, BIRD, BOSWELL, WILLEY, WHEADON, PARKER, ABBOTT?(maybe not related), JONES, QUINN, SCOTT, ISBESTER or ISBISTER?, LLOYD, RICHARDS, WHETTALL
Names come from Redruth, Cornwall, Wales, Scotland and possibly Ireland. And other parts of England.

Offline Floozy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Susan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 22 October 17 07:06 BST (UK) »
Having put this aside for many years I stumbled  across a death record which I never noticed before. 

A Richard Garrett   died 1913 aged 80.  Puting his birth around 1833
and his parents  names are the same as Robert  and Johns.

Looks like family lived around Richmond  area where the others resided.  Possibility  they had another  brother.  And I still can not find Parents William and Mary. Need a miracle  on this one.