Author Topic: J Hemley - Cash Grocer  (Read 15127 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: J Hemley - Cash Grocer
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 27 May 15 01:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

I am still confuddled as to how that facebook thingy works, but I am assured by some of my younger set that I am correct, there has been someone on the Halls Gap & Grampians Historical Past facebook page who wrote as I had quoted earlier.   So, I am concerned.   I will simply re-post and rely on Gwendoline's knowledge of the Hemley family to assist the following facebook comments, directly to the family member.

Hi there, Gwendoline999,

Apparently there’s someone on that facebook thingy for Halls Gap, who may be closely related to you, and so perhaps you may want to contact them to gently let them know the year their late father passed away. 

"My father, Bert Hemley, took colour movies of their release. It was very dangerous work as the koalas were stressed form their experience and fought the handlers viciously with their long sharp claws. It would have to be 1960's (even 1970's).  "

Vic BDM #23399
Registered in 1964, Victoria
Albert Edward HEMLEY
Aged 63,
Parents as George HEMLEY and Ada JOHNSTON.

Cheers,  JM

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
Re: J Hemley - Cash Grocer
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 27 May 15 02:06 BST (UK) »
I don't think I would worry too much over the meandering thoughts of Gwendoline999 JM!! Her statement in her previous post, beggars disbelief.

Obviously mistakes are unintentional ! Unless something can be verified by a person who has first hand knowledge, as I happened to have in this particular situation, well, massive mistakes can happen.

Interesting stuff for a Genealogy site, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE, not much would get done if this was the case.

As it turns out, a photo with minimal information has now been identified by this forum, we also now know the background and family of Gwendoline999, which of course everyone was waiting around for. Many thanks to her. ;D

Neil
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads