Author Topic: Photography: Ivy Place Burial Ground  (Read 8138 times)

Offline Moscatella

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Photography: Ivy Place Burial Ground
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 November 12 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarndra, 

I`ve checked my Stranraer MIs and the surname Lees(e) is not included for Ivy Place, although several stones are illegible or only semi-legible.

Linda

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline rossdad

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 05 January 14 14:59 GMT (UK) »

It might be too late now but there was a Kirk in the Morrisons car park which was demolished, opposite St Andrews Kirk, don't know if it had a burial ground though. There is a burial ground behind what was the TA centre in Belvilla St/Thistle St. which is only a hundred yards or so away from St Andrews.  It was a Kirk at one time and when the TA moved out it was reinstated as a Kirk. It can be seen on the google street thingy.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 13 February 17 18:42 GMT (UK) »
Moscatella
Hi Linda, I have been reading your post RE Ivy Place Burial Ground and I have just found out that my 4x Great grandmother was buried there in 1859 and wondered if you could check for me to see if there is a mention? Her married name was Jane Roddick/Roddock/Rodduck ( maiden name Jane Craig) she died August 15th 1859 she lived at Mill Hill Street Stranraer. Any help most appreciated. :)
William Walker Glasgow
Pattison Northumberland
Pallent Suffolk

This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk