Author Topic: Ashford Residential school  (Read 1973 times)

Offline TeddyOlly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ashford Residential school
« on: Saturday 10 November 12 13:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my mother was at Ashford Residential School from age 2 approx 1940-52, she never talks about her time there , she was a foundling abandoned in London , and although she was fostered out a few times she chose to return at age 11 and stayed there until she was 16 . She then lived in St Johns Wood with a few other girls until age 18 I think it was a sort of halfway house. My mum is now 75 and I would like to know if anyone remembers her , Maureen Elsie Griffiths , her friend was called Sandra and was from greece.Thanks for your time.

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Re: Ashford Residential school
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 11 November 12 16:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi and Welcome.

Rootchat does not allow us to search for, nor name on here persons that are or maybe living.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,261434.0.html
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Online rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 11 November 12 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi TeddyOlly

Welcome to rootschat  :)

There is a post on Ashford Residential school here  ;)
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,599647.0.html

Rosie  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Margaret Boniface Cushing

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 11 September 18 16:44 BST (UK) »
I was at Ashford Residential School from 1948 to 1954 with my sisters also my brother.
We loved every day we were there we were better off than the kids who stayed with their parents 3 good meals a day clean clothes and a nice warm bed yes we were punished I have scrubbed many a staircase or corridor.
Mrs Parker and Mrs Kemp two of the staff in charge of the girls I also remember being picked to play the Coronation Queen in 1953 Oh I have such lovely memories of my time there memories we have shared with anyone who would listen over years  could name lots of girls we grew up but will save it for another post also have photos of sports dat

Edit , living ?

Offline Leyden86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 12 March 21 22:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My mum is looking for her  biological  Father, after looking at online  ancestry records his sister attended Ashford  residential school her name was Kathleen precious and attended in 1945 we think does anybody remember her and does any body who does remember her remember her brother John precious? Any help would be much appreciated!

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 13 March 21 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat :)

RootsChat is meant for finding ancestors, rather than living relatives.

Personal details of any people known or thought to be living will be removed, in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses. So people here will be able to give you general tips and hints how to proceed, but not any concrete details.

You will also find more tips here:

Topic: Tracing Living Relatives
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,261434.0.html
and
Topic: Searching for living relatives and Rootschat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,142443.0.html

Good luck,
Trystan
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.