Author Topic: John Carroll, father Jeremiah where born in Kerry (moved to London Bermondsey)  (Read 8297 times)

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Carroll, father Jeremiah where born in Kerry (moved to London Bermondsey)
« Reply #18 on: Friday 25 January 13 03:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
Yes my grandfather was Roger Carroll born 1900 St Olave Bermondsey and married Margaret Coakley Dec. ?

I cannot believe how helpful you are.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline estiman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: John Carroll, father Jeremiah where born in Kerry (moved to London Bermondsey)
« Reply #19 on: Friday 25 January 13 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Also check out the 1901 & 1911 censuses:

RG13/392/109/6 = Roger, 8 mth, living 9 Marigold St, B'sey. Parents, Roger & Mary A. Children Catherine 7, Mary 6, John 2, & Roger. Father grain labourer born B'sey

RG14/ 1904 = 1911 census gives Roger 11.  Parents same. Catherine = Kate. Mary, John, Roger plus Elizabeth 9 and William 3.  Residing 29 Salisbury St B'sey. Father dock labourer

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 25 January 13 15:53 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I can see a marriage of a Roger Carroll to Mary Corridan, St Olave Dec 1890.

Mark.

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 25 January 13 16:13 GMT (UK) »
So it looks like Roger jr married Margaret Coakley and Roger Sr married Mary Ann Corridan.

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 04 February 13 23:01 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for this info.  It seems at last I have something to go on.  I am so new to this and find it a bit of a challenge.

Offline markthespark

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday 05 February 13 07:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

If you go onto the FreeBMD site and tap in your surnames one at a time and choose 'Birth' or 'marriage' and'Surrey' as your county you will find a lot of info there. Just keep tracing back with your dates until you reach 1837.

Regards,

Mark.

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 30 September 18 20:59 BST (UK) »
Does this assist you. My grandfather was Roger Carroll, sister Mary, and also there was Elizabeth. We lived in Dockhead Bermondsey. He was born at St. Olaves.  ]Record for my grandfather were difficult to get hold of and he kept himself (for some reason) away from any family other than Mary and Elizabeth.
I would like to find out more myself
Thanks

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 30 September 18 21:02 BST (UK) »
Yes discovered Roger Carroll, my grandfather, his mothers side was Corrigan or Corridan....anyone help please

Offline gangamonk

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 30 September 18 22:34 BST (UK) »
 I just realized something about the Carrolls. My grandfather was not Catholic he married Margaret who was a Catholic. The family broke apart. Maybe that is because of the Marriage of a Catholic to a Protestant. Not on at the time.