Author Topic: clonmel,ex servicemen houses,1920  (Read 9388 times)

Offline bgoodman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
Re: clonmel,ex servicemen houses,1920
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 November 16 07:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I believe your family may have been in the second cottages also. Just by trying to count the original cottages from memory. Now days the road has changed as folk have had extensions built to their properties. Also some people have sold part of their land and other houses have been built in between. If you google map the area it comes up as Glenconnor Heights. I have heard of Catherine's (O'Brien) family, who lived at 18. Another O'Brien family came later to another cottage further up the hill where the road curves around. They may have had a connection to Canada. Sorry but I am unable to be of more help. I can send you information in your inbox, if you wish, of lady who may be able to help.

Offline bgoodman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 26 November 16 08:00 GMT (UK) »
The first house number of the second cottages is 15. The Road counties up a hill, leavels out, curves into a cul de sac.

Offline bgoodman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 26 November 16 08:03 GMT (UK) »
By moving the photo to the right you can see the original part of the house.

Offline liam_ob123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 26 November 16 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for your reply and the photo, I really appreciate it! I would be keen to get in touch with the lady who may be able to assist, if you could send that info to me that would be great.

The possible link to Canada may bear  some fruit, I've heard that before elsewhere in my Irish family. Did I say thanks? Thanks again!

Kind regards

Liam

Offline bgoodman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 28 November 16 19:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liam, I have sent you a PM with the details. You should get it in your inbox. Good luck.

Offline MABliss

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 21 April 18 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hi there

New to this forum. Am very interested in anyone who would have known the McEvoys, at 17 Glenconnor Cottages? 1940's/early 50's?

Or is anyone has any old photo's of the street>
Many thanks

Offline bgoodman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Mum and Dad
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 22 April 18 14:52 BST (UK) »
Hi MABliss, I use to live at 15 but that was later on. Sorry but I have not got any old photos of Glenconnor, roads. There were three roads of cottages. Starting about a mile from the town centre. The first cottages are about a quarter of a mile from the second cottages. A field separated the third cottages. I believe the land, where the field was, has now been sold for construction. To approach those cottages you would have to go near to Clonmel town centre. Although there may be road access incorporated into the site’s building plans. I will send you a PM re who, living in Clonmel, may be prepared to help you. Good luck with the research.