Author Topic: Taylors of Boyle, Roscommon.  (Read 19615 times)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
Re: Taylors of Boyle, Roscommon.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 November 12 13:12 GMT (UK) »
John Shera married Sarah Crawford.....unknown as yet.     Sarah was the daughter of Billy Crawford(of Drumherriff) and Mary(nee. Leard, b 23 Jan 1798)

There are a lot of this side of the family that went to the USA & Canada.

John Shera(c1815) was buried, 22 Oct 1883 in Boyle, and Sarah(c1821), was buried 7 Apr 1888, in Boyle.

My friend has a large amount of this side of the family tree, but very few places and dates......just names.

Mostly from Glover Leard and Miss Roycroft.c1750's   From Basic initial research, Castlebar & Carrick on Shannon seems to figure in the equation.

But my friend is keen to trace her Taylor roots at present. ;D

Steve. :)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 November 12 13:25 GMT (UK) »
Will keep an eye out as I'm searching and let you know if I find anything

For myself I would contact the owner of the blog and find the source of his information of the two brothers dying within a few days and the family receiving a telegram/letter; it is very specific in small details that you wouldn't expect
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 November 12 13:28 GMT (UK) »
Ok....thanks a million. ;)
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 15 November 12 18:39 GMT (UK) »
Contacted the Blog owner, and his info came from the person I'm helping. ;D ;D

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 15 November 12 18:46 GMT (UK) »
That's a riot! It did read as if it came from a relative rather than a formal source, shame it wasn't a different relative though!
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Gillman69

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 27 May 13 14:23 BST (UK) »

Albert Edward Taylor. 1902. Boyle.  (not confirmed, need b/cert).

Living in Bridge Street, Boyle in 1901 & 1911.     

UPDATED & EDITED.

Hi Steve,

I have an Albert Edward Taylor on my family tree who married Margaret Mary Bushell (my 1st cousin 2 x removed) in 1954. I don't have any documents to verify this information apart from the fact that they were both on the Irish Civil registration Index Vol 3 Page 143 (familysearch website). They appear to have had no children, perhaps as Margaret was 49 when they married. I have a copy of the death announcement of Margaret Bushell (nee Taylor) from the Irish Times, a transcript of which is below:

"The Irish Times

Monday, March 11, 1996

TAYLOR (nee Bushell) (Carrick Road, Boyle, Co. Roscommon) - March 9, 1996 at the Plunkett Home, Boyle, Margaret Mary (Dot), wife of the late Albert (Bertie) Taylor, deeply regretted by her loving nieces, nephews, sister-in-law, relatives and friends. R.I.P. Removal took place to St.Joseph's Church, Boyle, on Sunday evening. Funeral today (Monday) following 11 o'clock Mass to Kileelan Cemetary."

Margaret had one sibling, a twin brother William Hubert Bushell, who had died in 1972, leaving his wife Mary Christina (nee Watson), 3 daughters and 2 sons. I don't ahev any other information about the Taylors, other than the possible likelihood that this is 'your' Albert Edward Taylor.

I hope you find this of interest, or even useful. Good luck with your family tree research.

Clare

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 12:52 BST (UK) »
Thanks Clare. :)

I'll check back with lady I'm helping, and see if she knows more.

Thanks again.

Offline Ferg28

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 30 April 14 21:02 BST (UK) »
John Shera married Sarah Crawford.....unknown as yet.     Sarah was the daughter of Billy Crawford(of Drumherriff) and Mary(nee. Leard, b 23 Jan 1798)

There are a lot of this side of the family that went to the USA & Canada.

John Shera(c1815) was buried, 22 Oct 1883 in Boyle, and Sarah(c1821), was buried 7 Apr 1888, in Boyle.

My friend has a large amount of this side of the family tree, but very few places and dates......just names.
Hi,
William Crawford (Drumherriff) Father of Sarah was my GGG Grandfather. His wifes name and date of birth is new information for me. The only record I could find of her was a newspaper report of her death(as Mrs. Crawford)
Would it be possible to find out where the information of her name and dob came from? There may be more information that could be shared.
Many thanks
Randal.

Offline HetFlo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 21 March 15 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Found your post on the web during a William Crawford of Drumherriff web search ,I think he also is our 2nd Great grandfather we our from his daughter Catherine,and I was trying to find her brothers to see if some pictures I have may be them.
Regards
Heather