Author Topic: Sarah Wilkinson of Heydon, Essex  (Read 20922 times)

Offline heathgirl

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Wilkinson of Heydon, Essex
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 00:01 GMT (UK) »
Yes, I am only thinking if you have something sensitive to yourself, to send it by pm.
I personally have no objection to the public posting.
So feel free!
Heath, Moody, Attwood, King, Baker, Haysman, in Dartford or Chatham Kent
Heath, Moody in Marylebone and Paddington, London
O'Keefe or Keefe in Plaistow

Offline alwilko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Here is the extract, Heathgirl, which might assist you:

Joseph Wilkinson, possibly born Wimbush, Essex, about 1776.

Married Mary Hasler at Little Chishill, Cambridgeshire about 1800 (at his age 24). Mary was born in 1775 & died in 1815.
Married Elizabeth Barnett (or Barnet) at Keysoe, Bedfordshire, 0n 28 Feb 1831(as a farmer, at his age 55). Elizabeth was born in 1810.

Joseph died at Riseley, Bedfordshire, in 1859 at age 83.

Son Joseph born about 1800.
Marriage to Sarah Whitmore at Royston, 13 Oct 1825.
Died at Royston, Herts in Oct 1841.

Sarah Wilkinson born at Riseley, Bedfordshire in 1805. Died at Royston, Herts, in 1873, aged 68. Daughter Ann Wilkinson, born at Heydon, Essex, about 1834. Died 21 Dec 1910, aged 76, at 25 Rosebank Road, Leyton, Essex.

There is more detail. If you signal any more specific points of interest, I shall check to find if they are mentioned at the site.

Offline heathgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. If Sarah was a Whitmore married to a Wilkinson they should be together on the 1841 census with daughter Ann (e)unless his death was registered very late or they were living apart for some reason just before he died. I have not been able to find them together, so unsure about the significance of that marriage. I have tried to find Joseph W alone in the past. Will give it a go again. Other than that the only possibility is information on death certs, which I do not have.

Offline alwilko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 28 January 15 14:50 GMT (UK) »
I'll keep a look out during my own research, & if I find anything that seems relevant to you, I'll raise it. According to Bedfordshire Archives, who have proved very helpful, the Joseph Wilkinson I seek, shown  in the 1851 Census as being born in Riseley, seems unlikely to have been born there, & may have originated from over the County border. I shall now be looking more into Huntingdonshire & Cambridgeshire.

Offline heathgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 06 February 15 19:52 GMT (UK) »
Giving it more thought, I go back to the Annie Tarling who witnessed Ann Wilkinson's marriage to Reuben Brown in 1861, whom I think was a relative of Ann's given the fact the other witness was a J. Brown, a relative of the groom. Looking at the 1881 census, there is an Ann Tarling born abt 1845 in Hertfordshire married to a James Tarling living at 3 Billet Lane in Walthamstow, while the Browns are then living at 19 Billet Lane. I could use some help looking for the marriage of James Tarling for that Ann's maiden name. And James may have some connection to George Tarling, husband of Rebecca Wilkinson (born Riseley, Bedfordshire) that I have not discovered.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 07 February 15 10:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

For the pile of notes . . . . .

Xmas Day 1865
Sarah Ann Wood
Waltham-Abbey, Essex, England
James Tarling   / Sarah Ann Wood   
Fathers=  James Tarling / William Wood

1871 James & Sarah Tarling + son Arthur + "newborn" in Waltham Holy Cross
1881 James & Annie Tarling + Arthur +++ in Walthamstow

One comment, just because one witness is related has no bearing on who/what the second witness may be.

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline heathgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 07 February 15 14:48 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Ray for answering my question about James and Ann Tarling in Walthamstow. Thanks to you I know now the spouse of James was not the Annie Tarling who witnessed Ann Wilkinson's wedding in 1861. Thanks for pointing out too that wedding witnesses need not be relatives. I am back to wondering if Annie Tarling witness was Rebecca Tarling's daughter (born Clapham), someone Ann Wilkinson had likely been living with, as Rebecca Tarling nee Wilkinson, her young son George, Sarah Wilkinson and her daughter Ann Wilkinson were all residing in Clapham prior to admission to the Fever hospital in 1851, and they came in together. I think I will have to order the death certificate for a Rebecca Tarling (West ham, essex) to see if it could provide a clue based on where she died and who the informant was. If anyone has access to SEAX and the burial information I would be grateful. Any other suggestions for ways to proceed are welcome.

Offline alwilko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 24 March 15 18:56 GMT (UK) »
To Heathgirl: There is a public member tree on the Ancestry site, which contains info about Reuben Brown + George Tarling & Rebecca Wilkinson, & their family. embracing a number of related people. If you wish, before my subscription expires, I may be able to transcribe & provide some information presented there which might help you. If so, please inform me.

Offline heathgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 31 July 16 21:07 BST (UK) »
for Alwilko: I wonder if you noticed there is a Joseph Wilkinson single Brewer born 1845 living 22 Wellington Street in Hackney in 1871. He is with Mary Wilkinson born 1828 and Jane Wilkinson born 1860 Wistow. Jane is a daughter to Mary but Joseph's status has been changed from son to lodger on the form. He marries after this census in Hackney. I noticed at the marriage Joseph does not put his father as deceased though his father had died in 1860 in Huntingdonshire, whilst Rebecca Lowe had noted her father was deceased. So a couple of oddities to look at.