Author Topic: Sarah Wilkinson of Heydon, Essex  (Read 20921 times)

Offline alwilko

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Wilkinson of Heydon, Essex
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 03 August 16 20:36 BST (UK) »
For Heathgirl: I appreciate & thank you for your info about Wellington St, Hackney, which is very interesting. The details seem beyond coincidence to indicate that the persons are members of my own family, yet appear to include some anomaly I have not yet been able to solve. Similarly, I recall from previous data that your & my ancestry are most likely linked, but with some other detail missing, so not quite confirming it. I shall inform you of any progress resulting from my research following the helpful lead you have provided. Best regards.

Offline heathgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 20 February 17 17:41 GMT (UK) »
as a postscript to some questions I raised previously in this thread: I obtained the death cert of Sarah Wilkinson (sometimes indexed as Wilkerson) who as noted, died in Royston. She was tended by Anne Brown of Walthamstow (her own address on Higham Hill was helpfully given on the cert which corresponds to a census in Walthamstow, however their relationship is not noted). The place of death was Heydon, Essex. Sarah Wilkinson therefore was likely Anne's mother, or as a long shot a maiden aunt who raised her. There are two baptisms for an Ann Wilkinson that fit in 1834: one in Reed, Essex, to Sarah Wilkinson, and another later in 1834 in Heydon, Essex to a Mary Wilkerson, a lacemaker. Anne's mother was a lacemaker and Anne was born in Reed, Essex, on the 1851 census, but Anne later said she was born in Heydon. I think Sarah Wilkinson was baptized Beulah or similar to Joseph Wilkinson and Mary Yarrow, and was a sister of the Rebecca Wilkinson who married George Tarling, lived in Clapham, and died in West Ham, Essex. If anyone knows more about the place of Rebecca's death I would appreciate that information. I noticed yesterday George Tarling was "paralyzed" on the 1871 census so it is surely his death indexed as "Farling" in 1872, a previous discussion about this was on this thread. open to any more than comes my way about this family
Heath, Moody, Attwood, King, Baker, Haysman, in Dartford or Chatham Kent
Heath, Moody in Marylebone and Paddington, London
O'Keefe or Keefe in Plaistow

Offline heathgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 11 January 18 17:47 GMT (UK) »
I received the death pdf re Rebecca (nee Wilkinson) Tarling, age 72 in 1878 and have three questions about it. She died at West Ham Union. Present was R. Brown of Walthamstow (which I feel must be Reuben Brown, Ann Wilkinson's husband). There are no street addresses though, moreover it appears the entire details part of the entry was overlaid and rewritten for some reason; there is actually a tiny top bit of the prior writing visible between the headings and the details portion and the (overlaid) details portion of it is slightly skewed. So: Were death entries sometimes modified in this manner, and why? Can anyone tell me if there is a way to order a copy of the original death certificate from Walthamstow records, since I have found a local certificate can be slightly different from the GRO? Lastly, are there existing records for West Ham union or WH Union infirmary that might offer more information about her admission and family details? Thanks

Offline alwilko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 07 February 19 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi heathgirl. Much time has elapsed since our last contact, but within the past few days I have found info which I feel may answer several of the queries you previously raised linking Reuben Brown & Rebecca Wilkinson. The info may take some time to organise & select into what you may now need, so as I'm not familiar with your own extent of progress, I ask if you would pose a current question which I shall attempt to answer for you. Best regards.

Offline heathgirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Friday 08 February 19 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi thank you for replying.  in reply I would say it appears fairly conclusive to me, at least, that Ann Wilkinson was the Daughter of Sarah Wilkinson. The Joseph Wilkinson who died in 1841 in Royston could not be her father after all as since our discussion the GRO index has added age at death and as he was a child's age according to the GRO index. It appears another Joseph was born to the same couple about 1804. The death certificate of Rebecca Tarling in Walthamstow, as I noted, did not have anything to help apart from the name R. Brown. If my assumption about Ann and Sarah is correct then perhaps Joseph Wilkinson who lived in Walthamstow was a nephew of Sarah. I am wondering if your information supports this assumption, thanks.

Offline alwilko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Friday 08 February 19 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Info I have seen indicates:
Sarah Wilkinson (1805-1873) was a sister of Joseph Wilkinson (1806-1861). They were both children from the marriage of Joseph Wilkinson (1776-1859) & Mary Hasler (1774-1830). Anne Wilkinson (1834-1910) was Sarah’s daughter, possibly outside marriage. In 1851, Anne was treated for Typhoid Fever at The Fever Hospital, Liverpool Road, Islington (note: not Liverpool Street). She married Reuben Brown in 1891. The Joseph Wilkinson who married Rebecca Lowe, & lived in Walthamstow, was Sarah’s nephew. I have access to a sepia image of Anne & other info to add detail which might fit with what you need.

Offline alwilko

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 13 February 19 16:30 GMT (UK) »
I ask heathgirl, if you have any questions about the info I have recently found, enabling to find out & respond while I still have access to reading it. Pls inform me.