Author Topic: Patrick Brien and Anne Kelly marriage  (Read 13244 times)

Offline lorealbelle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Brien and Anne Kelly marriage
« Reply #18 on: Friday 14 July 17 14:14 BST (UK) »
Dear David,
I'll start off by introducing myself, my name is Richard Dance, I am 27 and from Essex. I came across this information that you have writen whilst researching different parts of my family. I have signed up to this website so I could write to you an if possible gather any family information.
Bernadette (Your nephews wife) I would be her 3rd cousin. Henrietta, * *, * and my mother are 1st cousins. There father Patrick Brien and my Grandad John Thomas Brien were brothers. John died 6th June 1998.
My Mother at the age of 18 met Joan and her uncle Patrick and aunt Anne, ever since then lost all contact with the family. Although my grandparents went to Patricks funeral. My mum told me that she had cousins living up in Liverpool knowing I am a Liverpool supporter but have never been able to find out any information or what ever happened to this part of the family.
My mothers name is * Dance (O'Brien). Johns Daughter.
When Patrick and Anne got married, his brother John (my grandad) was only 2 years old and Anne made him a little suit for the wedding.
I myself have done a family tree, but never added any of patricks family down as never knew any of the family.  If Bernadette or yourself would be interested in any of this information then I would be happy to pass it on to you.
My Nan (Anne O'Brien) told me that she remembers Annes family coming from Naas. My Nan has still got the painting that patrick (Henrietta and Joans Brother) gave to her. Does he keep up the artist work as I am an artist myself. My Nan also told me that Patrick the Elder had a nickname Sonny.
It would be great to hear back from you soon.
Richard Dance
P.S My Email is *

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data. New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility. See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Note : some details have been removed to comply with RootsChat's privacy policy re living people

Hi Richard,

Can you confirm if your Grandfather John Thomas Brien was from Purcell's Tce/ Connolly Square in Bray? My great grandmother was Josephine Brien born in 1897 died in 1982 and she had a brother John Thomas Brien born on 02/05/1904. I was wondering if this was your grandfather?

Thanks

Laura