Author Topic: Patrick Brien and Anne Kelly marriage  (Read 13281 times)

Offline Davemed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Patrick Brien and Anne Kelly marriage
« Reply #9 on: Monday 07 January 13 19:40 GMT (UK) »
Dear David,
I'll start off by introducing myself, my name is Richard Dance, I am 27 and from Essex. I came across this information that you have writen whilst researching different parts of my family. I have signed up to this website so I could write to you an if possible gather any family information.
Bernadette (Your nephews wife) I would be her 3rd cousin. Henrietta, * *, * and my mother are 1st cousins. There father Patrick Brien and my Grandad John Thomas Brien were brothers. John died 6th June 1998.
My Mother at the age of 18 met Joan and her uncle Patrick and aunt Anne, ever since then lost all contact with the family. Although my grandparents went to Patricks funeral. My mum told me that she had cousins living up in Liverpool knowing I am a Liverpool supporter but have never been able to find out any information or what ever happened to this part of the family.
My mothers name is * Dance (O'Brien). Johns Daughter.
When Patrick and Anne got married, his brother John (my grandad) was only 2 years old and Anne made him a little suit for the wedding.
I myself have done a family tree, but never added any of patricks family down as never knew any of the family.  If Bernadette or yourself would be interested in any of this information then I would be happy to pass it on to you.
My Nan (Anne O'Brien) told me that she remembers Annes family coming from Naas. My Nan has still got the painting that patrick (Henrietta and Joans Brother) gave to her. Does he keep up the artist work as I am an artist myself. My Nan also told me that Patrick the Elder had a nickname Sonny.
It would be great to hear back from you soon.
Richard Dance
P.S My Email is *

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data. New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility. See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Note : some details have been removed to comply with RootsChat's privacy policy re living people

Hello Richard,

I sent you a personal message ( you need to do three postings to use this service on RootsChat  ).

RootsChat removed your email address as this is their policy ( unless sent through a PM ).

I know this posting is important to you and Bernadette and if my email address is removed we will have to think of something ( unless you use a Personal Message here )

* (email address removed - do not EDIT)

RootsChat it is important that myself and Richard Dance get in touch.  Any advice please.

David.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 07 January 13 19:47 GMT (UK) »
I sent you a personal message ( you need to do three postings to use this service on RootsChat  ).

RootsChat removed your email address as this is their policy ( unless sent through a PM ).
RootsChat it is important that myself and Richard Dance get in touch.  Any advice please.

In the first place, Richard needs to reply to this thread - he should received an automatic  system email notification that you've replied. If you wish to exchange personal details like email addresses, phone numbers, or details of living people, then you need to use the Personal Message system to do this.

Leinster Moderator
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Davemed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 07 January 13 19:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello Shane,

I know the protocol.

It is just that we need to get in touch.

If nothing else can be done, protocol must be followed.

Thanks for answering.

Apologies.

David.

Offline Davemed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 17:13 GMT (UK) »
There are so many Brien's that keep coming up after my post for information on Patrick Brien and Anne Kelly.  It has all got a little confusing for me.

Would anyone like to take a look at the full collection of certificates now available ( some new additions ) and perhaps do a review and a collation of ancestors ?

Please view at  : http://s1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj640/davemed/Briens%20Full/

Thanks.

David.

Offline Davemed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 19:18 GMT (UK) »
I have got this far and would like to post this :

Update: We have now found and tracked Patrick Brien's line back as far as about 1880. That chase is ongoing. It remains now to find where Ann Kelly came from. There is now family lore linking her to County Kildare, more specifically Naas. On her Dec 1928 marriage certificate both she and Patrick are shown as minors. That indicates they were both under 21. We now know that Patrick was born in 1910 and a browse of the 1911 Kildare census didn't produce an Ann Kelly with a father James born late enough to still be a minor in Dec 1928.

However 'new' family lore suggests her father was 'Tomas' and her mother Bridget. A blow-up of her father's name on the marriage cert is below. It looks like James but there could have been an error when transcribed from the parish register.

The birth that Shane147 found in 1907:
name: Anna May Kelly
registration district: Naas
event type: BIRTHS
registration quarter and year: Apr - Jun 1907
volume number: 2; page number: 822

This would match what is believed to be her death in Cheshire but it could be a coincidence:
Death: BRIEN, Anna May
Registration district: Wallasey, Cheshire
Year of registration: 1995; Month of registration: February
Date of Birth: 29 April 1907

There's also an entry in the 1911 for Co. Kildare which gives a father as Thomas and a mother Bridget.
Kelly, Thomas - 30 - Head - Co Kildare - Labourer (Farm)
Kelly, Bridget - 29 - Wife - Co Kildare
Kelly, Anne Mary - 3 - Dtr - Co Kildare.  [This child would be under-age in 1928]

If she was indeed born in April 1907 she wouldn't have been a minor in December 1928. It is possible that the birth date in the death notice is a deliberate contortion of the truth to hide the fact she was under-age when she married.
Ideas, suggestions anyone?

David.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Ages are often inaccurate in records, so in general I'd allow for inaccuracies, but even though the surname is very common I think I'd try that birth cert ... it's a good match to the death cert by name, and year / quarter and area mentioned .. and it would be hard to believe it was a coincidence if the date of birth matched also...

Always going to be difficult ith names like Kelly and [O']Brien, so sometimes it's worth betting on the long shot...

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Davemed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 08 January 13 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Ages are often inaccurate in records, so in general I'd allow for inaccuracies, but even though the surname is very common I think I'd try that birth cert ... it's a good match to the death cert by name, and year / quarter and area mentioned .. and it would be hard to believe it was a coincidence if the date of birth matched also...

Always going to be difficult ith names like Kelly and [O']Brien, so sometimes it's worth betting on the long shot...

S.

Hello Shane,

Thanks for your patience.

I agree with what you mention.

David.

Offline Rich1985

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 09 January 13 00:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello David,
Many thanks for your reply. I received your personal message and had Bernie's email attached along with it, which I will contact her. Your email address was removed also from the post. But once I make a third posting hopefully all being well I can send you my email address in a personal message.
Both my Mum and my Nan were very delighted to know that I have finally got in touch with this side of the family after a few years of searching.
I will be in contact with Bernie soon.
All the very best and thank you once again.

Richard.

Offline Davemed

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 09 January 13 09:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello Richard,

Thanks for the contact.

I have sent a Personal Message to you.

Best wishes,

David.