Author Topic: John Thompstone a Gawsworth miller NOW COMPLETED  (Read 10103 times)

Offline IreneM19

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Thompstone a Gawsworth miller NOW COMPLETED
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 December 12 09:09 GMT (UK) »
Ellen Thompstone b. 1802 is my 4x gt grandmother, then I am descended through her son, David Booth b 1821, his son Samuel Booth b1847 and his daughter, Lily Booth b1869 who is my great grandmother.

I would love a copy of your book. I live about 5 miles from Gawsworth but never imagined I would find any ancestors there.

Thanks
Irene

Offline annlaver

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 18 December 12 13:47 GMT (UK) »
Dear Irene,

You come a long way back in the family. Ellen daughter of John Thompstone of the Underbank, who was one of the sons of John Thompstone 1742-1808.

I think as you live locally in Gawsworth you could go and see the book in Macclesfield Library.

I can now only print on demand which makes the cost very large for an A5 booklet, done in the days of a typewriter and without all the digital images one could use now, but the cost would be £12 to include p and p.

Ann

Offline IreneM19

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 18 December 12 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, Ann, I will pop into Macclesfield library and look at their copy and be in touch.

Best wishes
Irene

Offline cheshirealan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 22 December 12 16:48 GMT (UK) »
I too have a Thompstone Ancestry and have documented it at:

http://familytree.cheshirealan.org.uk/index.htm

I am currently reviewing all of my data with a target of linking all Thomstone descendents into my tree. You will only find the deceased members of the family publicly available but can provide details of most Thompstone relatives. You can contact me here or by clicking on my name at the bottom of the homepage to send me an email.

Ellen  born 1802 ( http://familytree.cheshirealan.org.uk/p38.htm#i1809 ) is my 3 times great grandmother.

I am sorry to tell you that David Booth isn't Ellens son.

Hugh Booth first married Lucy Bradley and they had two sons and two daughters including David.

Lucy died in 1821 and then Hugh married Ellen Thompstone.

So we are related but not via the THOMPSTONE line, but by the Booth line. Your David booth was half brother to my great-great grandmother Olive Booth. You will find pictures of Olive and ema on my website.

I have documented Lily as my second cousin twice removed and marrying Edward Boyne. I need some help in further documenting your line and I now know you can help.

Kindest Regards and a Happy Christmas from your distant cousin
Robert Alan Bennett (known as Alan)

Offline cheshirealan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 23 December 12 00:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Irene

Since my previous post I have found your Public Tree on Ancestry and see you have already acquired my pictures of Emma and Olive. The original painting of Olive sits on the wall to the side of me as I right this note.

I have used your tree as a base, borrowed some of your photos and done further research to find we are 4th cousins once removed.

Unless you have any strong objections I will update my website to add further generations of BOYNES ( as they are my cousins) down to your parents (You wont show as I don't show living relatives)

Happy Christmas
Alan

Offline alexlloyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 24 February 13 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Dear Ann,
I am also a descendant of the Thompstones and would be very keen to buy a copy of the book from you. Twelve pounds would be fine as a price for the book.

I am new to this site, and am not sure whether it's possible to contact you personally

All the best

Offline peterandsuehilton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 20 March 14 09:18 GMT (UK) »
Dear Ann (and Alex)

We are new to this site and found it when looking around for a copy of 'John Thompstone a Gawsworth Miller 1742-1808'. Peter(my husband) is researching his family tree and found he is a direct descendant of (Honest)John Thompstone 1742-1808, through John's son, Abraham, And Abraham's daughter Mary Ann. Honest John is his great grandfather's great grandfather. We live in South Manchester and over the years have been fairly heavily involved in the life of the City, and know there have been generations of Hiltons (Hilton is Peter's surname) but he only found out about the Thompstone connection last month. We have been to Gawsworth church and found John's grave, which also contains a much more recent member of the Thompstone family, and is obviously visited regularly by the widow and children of this man.

If you see this message Ann, Peter would be very keen to acquire a copy of your book. So, can you let us know if this is possible? Maybe Macclesfield library still also has a copy and I shall be making enquiries there.

Best wishes

Sue and Peter Hilton

Offline alexlloyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 21 March 14 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I never heard any more about the book. I hope Ann is OK. I would still really like to see a copy of it. Unfortunately I live in south Wales and not close to Macclesfield library. If anyone with a copy to lend or sell reads this, I would be very interested
Thanks a lot
Alex

Offline peterandsuehilton

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 21 March 14 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for this information Alex, will be visiting the local library tomorrow to see if I can try and sort an inter-library loan, failing that will try and get to Macclesfield library within the next few weeks.

Sue