Author Topic: Edward Vines c.1764  (Read 4697 times)

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
Edward Vines c.1764
« on: Tuesday 20 November 12 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Edward Vines born around 1764 was my great great great granddad. When he married in 1796 the parish register said that he was from Laxton in Northamptonshire but after many years of looking I've never been able to find any record of him or his family in Laxton around that time. However, a few years ago someone found a record of an Edward Vines born in that decade in the village of Hambleton, Rutland. His father was John Vines. Hambleton is quite close to where he got married in Collyweston and he is the only Edward Vines to fit chronologically despite not being in Laxton.

Unfortunately I lost the reference when I swapped computers a few years ago and I'd love to have it again. So does anyone else have access to birth/baptisms for Hambleton who can find my man and his family please?

cheers

Offline smudwhisk

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Whiskey (1997-2018)
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Vines c.1764
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 November 12 21:49 GMT (UK) »
Edward may have just been working in Laxton at the time of his marriage, not necessarily born in the village.

The Hambleton Edward baptism is:

25 Jan 1767 Edward son of John and Elizabeth

His parents were also married in the same parish:

29 Oct 1754 John Vines and Elizabeh Parker both of this parish

Can't see a burial for son Edward so he could well be your one.

You might like to get a copy of the CD from Leicester & Rutland FHS which includes a transcript of the Hambleton parish registers - http://www.lrfhs.org.uk/onlinecdsales.htm.  CD75 (which is Vol 2 of the Rutland registers) includes the registers for Hambleton.  There are a number of Vines entries in that parish, but there are also a number appearing on Vol3 of the transcripts in several parishes (which is CD95).  The first three volumes of Rutland transcripts go up to 1812, for 1813-1840 see CD100.  I have no connection with the society, just a happy customer ;D
(KENT) Lingwell, Rayment (BUCKS) Read, Hutchins (SRY) Costin, Westbrook (DOR) Gibbs, Goreing (DUR) Green (ESX) Rudland, Malden, Rouse, Boosey (FIFE) Foulis, Russell (NFK) Johnson, Farthing, Purdy, Barsham (GLOS) Collett, Morris, Freebury, May, Kirkman (HERTS) Winchester, Linford (NORTHANTS) Bird, Brimley, Chater, Wilford, Read, Chapman, Jeys, Marston, Lumley (WILTS) Arden, Whatley, Batson, Gleed, Greenhill (SOM) Coombs, Watkins (RUT) Stafford (BERKS) Sansom, Angel, Young, Stratton, Weeks, Day

Offline TonyV

• RootsChat Senior
  • Expect the unexpected (I forgot to!)
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Vines c.1764
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 November 12 22:34 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Smudwhisk (great name!). Your help and advice is much appreciated

regards

Tony