Author Topic: McMahon Genealogy Website  (Read 5797 times)

Offline McMahon-Lynch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
McMahon Genealogy Website
« on: Wednesday 21 November 12 19:20 GMT (UK) »
I am sure most of you with McMahon ancestors from Meath, Ireland, have already checked out the Peter's Pioneers website, but for those of you who haven't, you should! It has a wealth of information and basic records for nearly all people born with the surname McMahon/MacMahon/Mahon in Meath.

I am NOT associated with the website, but it was a great resource and really helped me trace my ancestors in and around Meath. It also provided me with townland records that helped me to further my research, and all the information check out!

The site also provides links to a McMahon DNA project, which I haven't yet participated in, but it appears to have excellent participation and feedback.

Here's the link:

http://www.peterspioneers.com/mcmahongenealogy.pdf
MacMahon/McMahon, Lynch, Reilly, Carolan, and Dolan families of Carrigagh, Moynalty, Meath, Ireland; Lynch family of Corragloon, Mullagh/Virginia, Cavan; Mulvany, Fitzsimons and Lynch of Edenburt and Whitegate, Kells, Meath.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: McMahon Genealogy Website
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 November 12 19:26 GMT (UK) »
The link is to a single Adobe (pdf) document rather than a website - is this correct ?

S.
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline McMahon-Lynch

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 November 12 23:42 GMT (UK) »
Sorry - the link is to a PDF you can download from the site. However, the specific resources for McMahon info. are listed on the first or second page of the document.

Here's a direct link to the actual website:

http://www.mcmahonsofmonaghan.org/
MacMahon/McMahon, Lynch, Reilly, Carolan, and Dolan families of Carrigagh, Moynalty, Meath, Ireland; Lynch family of Corragloon, Mullagh/Virginia, Cavan; Mulvany, Fitzsimons and Lynch of Edenburt and Whitegate, Kells, Meath.

Offline seanmhi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 February 15 19:46 GMT (UK) »
any way of contacting the authors ?