Author Topic: Parish Register (Marriage) - Morrison/Wood  (Read 3196 times)

Offline hosta girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Parish Register (Marriage) - Morrison/Wood
« on: Wednesday 21 November 12 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi.  My very first time on Rootschat so bear with me.  Due to marriage records not released yet for 1941, am not able to access the image for the marriage of John David Morrison and Stephanie Bonte Wood who were married in 1941 in Thurso, Caithness, Scotland (info from ScotlandsPeople). Their names and Gros Data # (041/00 0004) appear on ScotlandsPeople website.  "Jack" was born in Canada, Stephanie's birthplace unknown.  Would anyone be able to do a lookup?  Thanks so much. :)

hosta girl

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Parish Register (Marriage) - Morrison/Wood
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 21 November 12 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi hosta girl , welcome to RootsChat  :)

Can you confirm that John/Jack and Stephanie are no longer with us ?
We are not allowed to give details of living or possibly living persons on the open forums.

If you reply to this post anyone doing a look up for the marriage will be able to contact you by the Personal Message system to pass on the details.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline hosta girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 21 November 12 23:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ev,

I can confirm that John David Morrison is deceased - kia during WW 11 and is buried in Abbeyville Cemetery, France.  I cannot confirm 100% that Stephanie has passed on.  I did check Free BMD before I posted but it only has indexes up to 1983.  I believe she remarried (but can't 100% confirm) so have Googled under both Morrison and the possible 2nd last name (of new husband) and found nothing.  I'm thinking that I have to put my request on hold util I can confirm whether Stephanie is still alive.

Thanks very much. 

hosta girl   :(

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 November 12 08:58 GMT (UK) »
John died 1942 I think.
Possible marriage for Stephanie in 1944 , Stephanie may have died 2010 Isle of Man born c1919 England
I'll PM you with all I have found and hopefully you'll get the details of the 1941 marriage to confirm
parents etc.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records