Author Topic: Birth in Lahore 1926 and 1928  (Read 9205 times)

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth in Lahore 1926 and 1928
« on: Monday 26 November 12 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Is  there a chance that someone could kindly check the records and see if they can find the births of  John Clive Ullah toward the end 1926 or early 1927 and of Elizabeth Ullah born around September 1928. Birthplace Lahore British India.

Their parents were Abdullah Ullah and Olivia Ullah (nee Esmond) both of Llandovery, Carmarthenshire.
Thank you Sandra

Offline Lynntony

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Sisters
    • View Profile
Re: Birth in Lahore 1926 and 1928
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 28 November 12 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

I've searched all the obvious places - FamilySearch, Ancestry, etc and have come up blank. I'm not sure if it wasn't recorded as Olivia had married an Indian gent, but suspect that may well be the case. It seems that it was OK for a British male to marry a local girl, but not looked on as the done thing for a memsahib to cross the divide.
Might be worth searching Fibis just in case though. http://search.fibis.org/
Also try  http://indiafamily.bl.uk/UI/Home.aspx

Also just found this in the resources section

http://archive.org/stream/eastindiaregist00britgoog#page/n5/mode/2up

Tony
Lynn:- Shelton, Edwards, Looker, Platt, Ames, Bagley, Cadman, Cokes, Edmunds, Seymour, Waldren, Mulloy, Cockin/Cockayne

Tony:- Davies, Murphy, Kidd, Elwell, Pither, Roper, Marshall, Whelan, Lycett, Farley, Turner, Rhodes

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 28 November 12 05:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the response.

Abdullah  was a Brit.  His father was from Lahore...Shaikh Rahmatullah, owner of the Bombay Emporium and the English Warehouse, in Lahore.

Abdullah's mother was Elizabeth Thomas of Llandovery.  She hd 4 chidren by Rahmatullah.  She called herself Elizabeth  Rahmatullah but I could never find a marriage in UK.  I suspct that they only had a Muslim marriage. Around the time that Abdullah chaned his name Elzabeth changed hers to Elizabeth Randall.

You can see the family living with Elizabeth's parents in Llandovery 1911 census. 

The only trip Abdullah made to India was in 1926 . I assume it was to settle his father's estate.  The father died in 1923.

The father  had another family in Lahore.

Shaikh Rahmatullah never lived for long perods in UK but made 19 visits.

Towards the end of 1929 Abdullah put a notice in the London Gazette giving notification of his change of name from Abdullah Ullah to Hugh Lester Randall.

I imagine that they had an uncomfortable time whilst in Lahore but had hoped that they had made sure to register the children's births.

There is the option that during the time they were in India they spent the summers in hill stations and the childen could well have been born in one of these places. 

Sandra

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 22 August 13 20:31 BST (UK) »
Further to my previous posts  a sister of Abdullah is now being researched

Saaida Katie Gwendoline Ullah
1907-1937
Born: Llandovery, Carmarthenshire, United Kingdom
Died: Camberwell, London, England

I have fresh informtion that Saaida may have died in Camberwell but she was buried in Llandovery.Not sure where.

She married David Joshua Davies in Camberwell in 1929.I think she died of childbirth in 1937.

I am now looking to find out how David Joshua died in 13 april 1939. Born 1900 Lampeter. He died in Hammersmith Hospital.? Whether he was buried in unconsecrated  ground and where? London\Lampeter.??

I would be very grateful fo some help.

Sandra

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 22 August 13 21:18 BST (UK) »
I now understand that Elizabeth Ullah born about 1928 surname change to Randall in1929 married a Scotsman surname Anderson and they lived on the Isle of Bute.  Can anyone confirm this please/ Sandra

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 22 August 13 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am now looking to find out how David Joshua died in 13 april 1939

You would have to buy a copy of his death cert to find that info
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 August 13 23:44 BST (UK) »
Thank you. There are two stories re his death in the famiy/ He was accidently pushed from a platfom and fell in  front of a train or he jumped.

Is there likely to be a newspaper report.  Would I be able to access that online?  Sandra

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 August 13 23:53 BST (UK) »
I now understand that Elizabeth Ullah born about 1928 surname change to Randall in1929 married a Scotsman surname Anderson and they lived on the Isle of Bute.  Can anyone confirm this please/ Sandra

Scotlands People is the only website with that info.  It is a pay per view site via purchase of credits -not an annual subscription site.  www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

You will not be able to view the cert online - marriages can only be viewed online up to 1937 so you would have to buy a copy.  Scottish certs give both parents names and mothers maiden name
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline lanzmad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 14 October 14 21:28 BST (UK) »
I know the family from Lahore... Sandra, are you related?