Author Topic: Birth in Lahore 1926 and 1928  (Read 9188 times)

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Birth in Lahore 1926 and 1928
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 07:15 BST (UK) »
I am related  to saaida's husband David  Joshua Davies.

I have traced the daughter of  abdullah and saaida's brother yousaf/Joseph.  We met up with her and saaidai's son two weeks ago.

I look forward to any information you can offer. Perhaps I can fill in some gaps for you.
Sandra

Offline lanzmad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 15:23 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your prompt reply. My father was also a son of Sheikh Rahmatullah, his name was
Sheikh Mohammad Salih. My father was quite old when he married my mother, and we new very little about our grandparents. We knew that he went back and forth to the UK, his lifestyle was very much British. We knew that we had relatives in the UK, but the links were lost over time.
Given the terms for this website, I'm not sure how to proceed with contact information. I live in the US.

Zubaida

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 15 October 14 16:25 BST (UK) »
wow Zubaida.  This is a surprise.

one more post from you on this site and then we will be able to contact eachother  directly .

was your father a lawyer by any chance. we understand  Sheikh Rahmatullah had a family of 6 in Lahore. One of the sons being a lawyer.

i have seen a photograph of your grandfather. Very pukkah.

regards sandra

Offline lanzmad

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 October 14 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra, There were six children, the youngest brother and sister (Manon (?) and Aisha) visited us often. Aisha's husband was a lawyer (Barrister at law). My oldest Uncle's childred attended the
Convent school ...Queen Mary in Lahore, we went to Sacred Heart. I have  two sisters and two living brothers. Sadly, my older brother died March 31st, he was an attorney.

Using Google search, enter Shaikh Rahmatullah The English Warehouse Lahore, Pakistan.The ninth photo is the English Warehouse.

We have much to share!

Zubaida

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Birth in Lahore 1926 and 1928. update
« Reply #13 on: Friday 17 October 14 10:01 BST (UK) »
Thank you. There are two stories re his death in the famiy/ He was accidently pushed from a platfom and fell in  front of a train or he jumped.

Is there likely to be a newspaper report.  Would I be able to access that online?  Sandra

Update I understand from his son that he was knocked down on the road by a vehicle.  He is buried in the graveyard of the unitarian church. Lampeter.

Offline Bilal Tahir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 25 January 16 08:34 GMT (UK) »
I am really very grateful to see these posts and they helped me a lot. Is there anyway that I can get more information about Sheikh Sbs family now.

Offline Yasmina4

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 25 January 16 14:56 GMT (UK) »
Bilal i have sent you a personal message.

Are you related to the  family or simply researching sheikh rahmatullah s good works.

Offline Bilal Tahir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 25 January 16 16:11 GMT (UK) »
No I am not of his family. but you might have known that his personality is famous and idealized in various other ways. I am a researcher and I am working on him and I was fortunate enough to get to this forum.

Offline Bilal Tahir

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 25 January 16 16:14 GMT (UK) »
I am sorry I was unable to reply to you via message coz i was not authorized to post a private message